Circus Runaway And Her Grey....

Guest CircusGreyZoe

Guest CircusGreyZoe

Hello from Brattleboro, VT, home to a circus gal, her pal, and their greyhound. That would be me (Allyson, mostly known as Al), my husband (Ivan), and our new 4-year-old pup (Zoe).

Zoe came to us about three weeks ago and is mostly settling in well. I'm posting a question on the behavior forum, but thought it would be kind of rude to do so without first introducing myself!

In case you're wondering, the circus part of the name, post title, and so forth comes from the two summers I spent working as a roustabout for a youth circus here in VT. That's where my husband and I met--romance under the big top and all! Don't worry, I have no desire for Zoe to be a circus dog, since she's worked hard enough already.

Anyway, I've been lurking on the forums for a while and it seems like such a welcoming and friendly place to ask and answer questions and share all the goofy experiences, so now I've joined! As I type this (at work..shhhh), Zoe is pawing at her blankets in my office and settling in with a big "grumph." Gotta love dog-friendly workplaces!

(I'll try to figure out the pics thing when I have more time, I promise!)

Guest BigPercyInMa

:welcome2

Hi there, we just went up to Rutland, Vt a couple of weekends ago and we couldn't believe how much snow there was. But: Vermont is beautiful :colgate

Congratulations on getting Zoe :confetti

Guest GreytMuse

My husband is a Rutland, VT native, but I dragged him down to my home in Texas (much to his dismay!). :lol We hope to move back to VT in a few years!

Anyway, a HUGE welcome to GreyTalk and I look forward to more posts and pictures! :)

Hello from Franklin Co. VT!! Just heading out to do a little Spring skiing at Jay Peak!!

Where is your new pup from

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
Hello from Brattleboro, VT, home to a circus gal, her pal, and their greyhound. That would be me (Allyson, mostly known as Al), my husband (Ivan), and our new 4-year-old pup (Zoe).

Zoe came to us about three weeks ago and is mostly settling in well. I'm posting a question on the behavior forum, but thought it would be kind of rude to do so without first introducing myself!

In case you're wondering, the circus part of the name, post title, and so forth comes from the two summers I spent working as a roustabout for a youth circus here in VT. That's where my husband and I met--romance under the big top and all! Don't worry, I have no desire for Zoe to be a circus dog, since she's worked hard enough already.

Anyway, I've been lurking on the forums for a while and it seems like such a welcoming and friendly place to ask and answer questions and share all the goofy experiences, so now I've joined! As I type this (at work..shhhh), Zoe is pawing at her blankets in my office and settling in with a big "grumph." Gotta love dog-friendly workplaces!

(I'll try to figure out the pics thing when I have more time, I promise!)

That is so fascinating. Welcome, Al! You'll like it here.

I actually know someone who is trying to join the circus too, believe it or not. He's a professional ballet dancer and I think he's training in acrobatic-like things here in the city. It was interesting when he mentioned the other day that he, "had to go. I have an interview with the circus and I'm on circus time!" :lol

I also lived in Sarasota, Florida for 1.5 years so the circus culture was everywhere...

How close are you to Burlington?

Guest CircusGreyZoe
Where is your new pup from

She's from the Hinsdale track--from Fast Friends in Keene.

As for other questions...Brattleboro is about 4 hours south of Burlington, almost in Massachusetts.

And yes, I can totally believe that someone in NYC is joining the circus. Even scarier, though, is that the world is small enough that we might know someone who knows him/her. We're not as connected as we used to be, but we still have circus friends in the city.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! OK, self-imposed lunch break is over, time to get back to the grind....

Edited by CircusGreyZoe

Welcome from Gainesville, Florida, Al!

You are so lucky that you get to work with your dog at your side. I'm jealous!

We would love to see pictures of Zoe!!! Please post some when you get a chance!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Hi - welcome from Maryland! I have friends who are building a house & moving to Brattleboro soon!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest CircusGreyZoe

Ok, let's try a photo, shall we? Not sure if this is going to work--please be patient if it doesn't!

DSCN1031.JPG

Ok, that didn't work--must be my online photo service (I'm on Picasa). I'll find another photo sharing service and try again.

In the meantime: she's black with a white chest, three white dots on her neck, and four white paws. She's currently lying down next to my parents' yellow lab and man, does she look tall and skinny!

Guest Sportingfields

Welcome to GT and congrats on having a Zoe in your heart & home. Too neat that you live in Brattleboro. We used to stop there on our way to see my aunt & uncle that lived in Gilmanton Iron Works. Wonderful part of the country.

Guest CircusGreyZoe

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome--I already feel at home!

(Zoe edited this to add: Sniff...sniff...what does this little white box do? It makes noises and pictures and sits on Mom's lap.)

Trying the pics thing again....

ZoePlaying.jpg

Edited to add: YeeeeeHAW! If Zoe can conquer stairs, surely I can conquer the computer!

Edited by CircusGreyZoe

Welcome to Greytalk, Al, and congratulations to you Ivan and Zoe, she's a doll ! Zoe looks like she's settled in nicely. I have a Hinsdale retired greyhound too. We drove up many times to watch him race and drove through Brattleboro. You are right next door to the track. Do you know Zoe's racing name ? Maybe I have a video of a race Zoe ran, It's possible.

Guest CircusGreyZoe

We are indeed right next door--we got Zoe from Fast Friends, and their kennel is currently at the track (they're trying to move to a new space soon).

Her racing name was Blazing Meg and she raced at Hinsdale for quite a while, I think.

I know Blazing Meg, she had quite a few races with my General Grant in Grade A. I should have some races for you. It will take a week or so to locate them. If you send me your email address I can email you the races. Email me wolirt@yahoo.com

How exciting ! Congratulations ! I see that Zoe also raced at Wonderland, you may be interested in the Greyhound Expo at Wonderland. Check out the expo at www.greyhoundadoptionexpo.com/ There is a greyhound fun run and othere fun events

Guest CircusGreyZoe
I know Blazing Meg, she had quite a few races with my General Grant in Grade A. I should have some races for you. It will take a week or so to locate them. If you send me your email address I can email you the races. Email me wolirt@yahoo.com

How exciting ! Congratulations ! I see that Zoe also raced at Wonderland, you may be interested in the Greyhound Expo at Wonderland. Check out the expo at www.greyhoundadoptionexpo.com/ There is a greyhound fun run and othere fun events

Wow, thanks! I'll email you today.

The Wonderland connection is so funny--we used to have a circus site there (Circus Smirkus) every summer, right across from the Necco factory. Sounds like maybe Zoe was meant for us after all!