Miles Update

Guest lauri

Guest lauri

The tick titer was the last to come in. Dr. McKenna said the tests all came back with nothing (except the anemia and protien loss), but there must be breakdown of the gut as that's where the bleeding is coming from.

Miles seems to be doing quite a bit better, tonight he played quietly with a squeaky toy. Hadn't done that in a while it seems.

It's been a week since he was sent home with the 'stomach healing' meds. He's missed a few meals, but at least is eating some now. Has lost a bit of weight. He seems to be a bit stronger though; gums are a bit pink now. He's greeting us at the door again...maybe not quite as enthusiastically, but at least he's there to say 'Hello!' and give us a wag. Went outside tonight to bark at the opossums that roam the fence. Haven't heard that 'annoyance' in almost two weeks.

And he'll once again accept and EAT the cookie instead of burying it!

This morning's 'poop check' seemed better as well. The poop was less dark than it has been and I realized something that I hadn't paid attention to lately - since we've given him a bland diet, there are regular formed poops! Actually ALL of them look like poops instead of 'floppy' poops, or cow-pie poops!

Funny...he will, for the most part, refuse food in his dish. Miles has NEVER been a fussy eater until now. I'm wondering if he relates his food dish to discomfort after eating. But if I cook him up a meal, lounge on my bed and pretend it's mine, he'll eat. Same food - 1 scrambled egg, cottage cheese and some of the 'Hills I.D.' I guess it's better in MY bed!

Will THAT ever end?!? :blink:

How nice it'll be to sleep in food soaked covers tonight. Miles decided to not eat with manners tonight and made a mess. I'm not into laundry at 11p.m., plus tonight it's cold again and I need my comforter!

Oh well...at least I feel that I'm getting my boy back! :wub:

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

:yay Hurrah for Miles. Keep on healing.

p.s. Stage 2 meats from gerber baby food (strained: turkey, chicken, ham, beef) have been great appetite starters for us lately. In addition, they MUST be served on tongue depressors or plastic spreaders.

Edited by MomofSweetPotatoes

That is wonderful news. It sounds like Miles is on the mend. Its funny all the things we do for our dogs. I have logged many hours of sitting on the floor hand feeding meals bit by bit to our pups when they are ill. We also had the food all over the place so I started spreading a thick towel under the bowl to catch the food that flipped out. Keep up the good work, Miles and continue to get well.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest lauri
:yay Hurrah for Miles. Keep on healing.

p.s. Stage 2 meats from gerber baby food (strained: turkey, chicken, ham, beef) have been great appetite starters for us lately. In addition, they MUST be served on tongue depressors or plastic spreaders.

I was wondering if I could get him baby food! Thanks!