Bloodwork Results, Can Someone Help Me Decipher?

My 12 year old greyhound will be having a dental done at the end of the month. This is not being done by my regular vet because of the anethesia protocal.

The vet is concerned about the creatinine level being high at 1.9 and wants me to collect a urine sample to be tested to confirm that her kidneys can make concentrated urine. Any input? Should I be concerned?

She also says her ALT is elevated, 125. Should I be worried about that?

Another "high" readings that did not seem to concern her were Ulrea Nitrogen 28.

Also, her T4 result was low 0.5, should that be of concern?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest MnMDogs

Mork just had a creatinine level of 1.9, and I'm going to be bringing in a urine sample soon. His BUN was fine though.

ALT is a liver function test, but don't see a range in the link above- so your vet should probably get that to you. Just checked Mork's labs. The range at our vet for the ALT is 10 - 100. I wonder if it's simply elevated due to his age? I'm sure someone else may have some input, but I would check with the vet.

What was her BUN? Creatine is fine as long as the BUN is in normal range. T4 sounds low and I'd do a full panel.

BUN/Creatinine Ratio 15 (4 - 27 is the range)

What should these levels be?

Mork just had a creatinine level of 1.9, and I'm going to be bringing in a urine sample soon. His BUN was fine though.

ALT is a liver function test, but don't see a range in the link above- so your vet should probably get that to you. Just checked Mork's labs. The range at our vet for the ALT is 10 - 100. I wonder if it's simply elevated due to his age? I'm sure someone else may have some input, but I would check with the vet.

Range for ALT on her shows 12 - 118 U/L

Edited by Sorcha

Urea Nitrogen is BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen). It wouldn't hurt to collect a first morning void and take it in. Refrigerate it if you can't take it in right away.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!