Help There's Something Wrong With Her Eye!

Guest myjazzy

Guest myjazzy

I noticed that one of my babies' eyes is closed. I think it looks swollen. Should I go to the e-vet or can it wait 'till tomorrow? I have no clue what it could be. Maybe something got in ther eye?

You don't really want to mess around with eyes. I'd run them to the vet.

Ditto.

Good luck!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I think I'd head to the vet.

Me too, I would not fool around with this. Hope it turns out to be nothing, but better safe than sorry

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest sheila

nobody on a message board can diagnose an eye problem. We are not vets and even if we were we could not diagnose a dog over the internet. It's up to you whether you take your dog in tonight.

If it was me I would call the vets emergency number and when I got a call back I would describe the symptoms and go from there.

Guest taylorsmom

Boy, today must be the day for eye injuries! See my thread from this morning about Taylor's eye problem.

She got thwacked in the eye by Rita's tail--it was not swollen but she was definitely holding it shut tight. I called the e-vet and they told me she should be seen today, and I am so glad I brought her in. Three doses of eye drops later and her eye looks almost completely back to normal, and I know it is not hurting her anymore.

If you think your pup is in a lot of pain, I would probably not wait until tomorrow--that's just me. And although we cannot diagnose or tell you what is going on in your pup's eye, we can certainly give you some support when you are not sure what to do! I know that I really appreciated that this morning when I was uncertain whether or not it warranted a e-vet visit.

Keep us posted!

Boy, today must be the day for eye injuries! See my thread from this morning about Taylor's eye problem.

She got thwacked in the eye by Rita's tail--it was not swollen but she was definitely holding it shut tight. I called the e-vet and they told me she should be seen today, and I am so glad I brought her in. Three doses of eye drops later and her eye looks almost completely back to normal, and I know it is not hurting her anymore.

If you think your pup is in a lot of pain, I would probably not wait until tomorrow--that's just me. And although we cannot diagnose or tell you what is going on in your pup's eye, we can certainly give you some support when you are not sure what to do! I know that I really appreciated that this morning when I was uncertain whether or not it warranted a e-vet visit.

Keep us posted!

Ditto

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest myjazzy

I dropped her off at the vet this morning and just got a call back. She's going to be fine. When I talked to him last night, he asked me if it was swollen and I said yes, then he asked me if it was the eyeball that was swollen or just the tissue surrounding the eye. I told him it was just the tissue around the eye, so he told me to give her benadryl, just in case it was some kind of a bite and to take her in this morning. She's now sporting an e-collar because she keeps wanting to paw at it. :shakefinger The diagnosis was conjunctivitis and he said it was not something that warranted a visit to the e-vet. They stained the eye and there was no scratch on the cornea.

Hope she heals quickly. Did he say if it was bacterial or viral? Be really careful and wash your hands after touching her, conjuctivitis is very contagious.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest myjazzy

He said he was giving her an antibiotic ointment, so I'm assuming it's bacterial, but I'll be sure to ask when I pick her up this evening. Thanks for reminding me that it could be contagious.