A Great Product For Wound Covering

I just wanted to share some info on a great product for covering wounds using no adhesive. Surgilast is a tubular net bandage covering that holds any bandage in place without having to use any adhesive at all.This is a product used on people(mostly the elderly) with very very thin skin that can't handle adhesives applied directly to the skin. If your dog has a wound that needs covering with a gauze pad or something similar, the Sugilast holds the gauze in place without having to use tape of any kind. It also allows the wound to get the air it needs.It's great for the tail,leg,neck and even the back or side areas. Just wanted to share this

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Thanks for posting about this product. Have seen it used with my elderly patients, but never thought about using it for hounds' wounds! :)

This sounds like something I need, where to you get it??

Google it for lots of medical supply resources. Amazon.com carries it. I often order medical stuff from this resource:

Allegro Medical

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Thanks for posting about this product. Have seen it used with my elderly patients, but never thought about using it for hounds' wounds! :)

This sounds like something I need, where to you get it??

Google it for lots of medical supply resources. Amazon.com carries it. I often order medical stuff from this resource:

Allegro Medical

Like you, I've been using it for years on "people" Then I went to buy a box this morning and bring it to a clients home because she has a skin tear. I'm putting it on and it clicked....this is great for the dogs. Took years to click....

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

What size would you use for greys?

If you were to need it for their legs,tails or neck, I would use the small. If it's for the back or side area, I think the medium would be good.Surgilast will stretch, but if you stretch it too much, it won't be snug enough. Before I posted this, I tried the small on one of the dog's tails...leg...and neck. Perfect fit.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Huh. There are people that sell it in eBay Stores, too.

So- there's small, medium, and large- and the small works on all three- tail, leg, and neck?

yes, the medium is too big for these areas. I've never checked the prices online but a lot of times the shipping cost is more than the cost for the product. If you find that to be the case, pm me your address and I'll send you a box to try at no charge. No, I don't sell it but I also don't have to pay for it

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Guest longdogs

Sounds like 'Surgi-won't-last-very-long' to me. If not adhesive, or cunningly swathed in vetwrap, Nugget would have removed it the instant my back was turned.

Quite a few people have asked me to send them a box and they will be on the way tomorrow. Just so you know, when you open the box, this product looks like a bathrobe tie. At least that's what it reminds me of. Pull out the amt you need,2"...4" whatever, and cut it.You'll see it's open on both ends so just slip it over the tail, or the leg.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Guest savvyprchick

The cheapest and best thing I found to keep bandages dry when outside is Glad Cling Wrap. Doesn't stick to wounds and keeps everything dry as the desert. Very cheap too :)

The cheapest and best thing I found to keep bandages dry when outside is Glad Cling Wrap. Doesn't stick to wounds and keeps everything dry as the desert. Very cheap too :)

Suriglast is not meant to keep a bandage dry, it's only meant to keep it in place so no adhesive has to be used. And the cling wrap, can't beat it

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg