Naples has been gassy lately. I mean, peel the paint off the walls gassy. Nothing has changed, food, routine, etc. DH has been giving the hounds carrots with their food in the morning, though, but she's always had carrots, and loves them.

Her poops are normal, and no more frequent that in the past. Everything else is fine.

I remember Gunnar had gas like this too. We never found the solution, despite trying different foods. He was 9 when we adopted him. Naples turned 8 in December.

Is this just an old Grey thing?

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

I don't know if it's age related or not, I've got some two year olds that can peel paint off the walls too!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Well, Naples used to be like that, but that was early on. I'm sure it was either a food that was not working for her, anxiety after adoption, or both. For several years now, she's been fine - occasional gas, but nothing like this.

Well, she's due for a dental and other routine vet stuff, so I'll mention it then...

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lewis (6 years old) can send me to another room every once in a great while; he eats everything the other three eat but apparently, he's the only one who gets "smelly" gas. Everything else is normal so I figured with him, it's just a boy thing....the girls are much too modest and I guess the food suits Hitch.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest trevdog

Dallas is very unladylike as well. We've had her since 9 weeks, and she's now two. Still stinky.....and noisy....some foods do seem to affect her more than others, but even plain kibble will sometimes cause it. So I don't think it's just the older ones...

Guest lotsagreys4me

I must be one of the lucky ones. My dogs rarely get gassy. Not sure why but I don't feed people food at all unless it is veggies. I have heard that yogurt will help that problem

I think it's possible it's age. Neyla is less tolerant of certain foods than she used to be, and also developed some gas issues when we increased her chondroitin/glucosamine. If you haven't made any changes to her routine, diet, meds, etc. then I would suspect old age. You could try giving yogurt or probiotics to see if it helps. Also, if you do give any meds or supplements, make sure to give them with at least a small meal.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest md7nd

Well, hope you dont have my problem... Nina is 4 and her crate is next to my end of the couch......OMG! and I thought wookies were bad.....

Matt