Quick Growing Faster Then Nail

At the start of February, Carolina broke her nail off in the yard. She went to the vet and he clipped it all the way back. The nail is finally starting to grow back in. The problem is that her quick is growing in faster then her nail, so there are little blood spots on the carpet. It isn't actively bleeding, more like oozing. Is there anything that I can do? Does she need to go back to the vet? Any advice would be helpful.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest BlackandBrindle

I don't think there's much to be done, other than try to keep it clean... so maybe socks or boots for outside time and socks inside the house...

I've only ever had to deal with a broken dew claw though.

Doesn't sound right. Try soaking and see how she does. It may be infected and need antibiotics.

:nod Something weird's going on there. Have you spoken to your vet about it?

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

She went to the vet this morning. The quick is right in line with the nail, so anytime she walks on concrete or a hard surface she scraps it. We were sent home with a small bottle of quick stop. Said there isn't much of anything else they can do. Will have to keep an eye on it and hope the nail will cover the quick eventually.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest lotsagreys4me

I would put a bootie on her or something to protect that nail bed........Never heard of this before, let us know how the healing process goes.