Black Bumps

Guest astenner

Guest astenner

Bommer has developed a couple of these black bumps that look like large raised moles over the course of the past two years since I got him. The vet didn't know what they were and offered to take a sample. We decided just to observe them to be sure they don't grow. A friend suggested they might be dead ticks which I thought was weird. Anyone else have experience with these?

Guest HeatherDemps

I know what you are talking about- I think- because I have thought they were ticks also. On my grey, they will eventually fall off, sometimes bleed. I can't remember what the technical term was for them, but they were nothing serious.

Guest sheila

do you have a picture? I don't want to alarm you but I had a dog that developed a black lump that grew until it was the size of a jelly bean and when it was removed and biopsied it was cancerous. Luckily it was removed with good margins. If this were my dog I would want to have the vet remove one and test it.

Guest suzye
I know what you are talking about- I think- because I have thought they were ticks also. On my grey, they will eventually fall off, sometimes bleed. I can't remember what the technical term was for them, but they were nothing serious.

Jazz has had these for years! Sometimes they bleed and I've seen them fall off, too. They've never gotten bigger.

If they are on the belly, it might be blackheads, I know my gf got some on her dog went to the vet and it was black heads. I am not sure what you are speaking about, but I know she got all upset over nonething.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Bodie

Bodie has had black bumps on his tummy off and on for years. I had the vet check them out, but he didn't seem concerned. They have never grown or changed size - they just come and go. They don't bother him, so with all of Bodie's other medical problems, I decided to just let these go and they haven't increased in number or made any sort of change.

Just went through this with Stella, she had a black 'growth' on her side, came out of nowhere it seemed. I made a vet appt and of course the night before our appt she scratched it off. I took her anyway and vet looked at the bald patch where it used to be and said no worries, probably a hemioscomething er other. She also had one on her face and did the same thing, scratched it off, apparently a DIY comsmetic surgery kind of girl, and it came back. twice.

My vet said a lump under the skin is more something to be worried about than a lump on the skin, if that makes any sense to you.

Edited by Mystella

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest jettcricket

Does it look anything like this? If so, don't worry. Jett's gotten a few of these. I did take him into my vet and they took this particular one and sent it out for a biopsy. Turned out to be nothing...I forgot the technical term for it, but since then he's gotten a few more. They normally just fall off on their own.

FoundersDayandBabyCrow013.jpg

Max gets these very regularly - the seem to almost be bloody blisters, that kind of look like warts. They come up quite quickly and the just fall off, sometimes leaving a bit of blood behind. I've had the vet look at a few over the years, she has neve been concerned. He has one now that doesn't seem to want to fall off, so I'm going to have the vet take a look at it next time we are in, *maybe* do a biopsy but only because it is not going away. Otherwise, they don't seem to be a worry.

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest Temira

I just took Chewie to he vet for something that looked exactly like the above picture. The vet had no idea what it was and just scraped it off. Cheapest vet visit ever.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Gino used to get blackheads but it sounds like you're describing something bigger. He also had a couple bigger dark bumps (perhaps more similar to what you're describing) around his, um, undercarriage area. I watched them closely and they never changed size, shape or color. The vet took a look too and they were "nothing," but it's always good to get them checked out if you're at all worried/curious.

Guest joedogs_mom

our fred has one that periodically falls off and/or bleeds due to him scratching it or rubbing it on something...

i've asked our vet multiple times about it and he says it's no biggie...

:colgate

Merlin gets these too. Someone told me that they form because of dirt, the same way that we get spots, and it's nothing serious. In Merlin's case, I have never seen them bleed, they just disappear after a while. I asked the vet about them once and she said it was nothing to worry about. So I don't :D

If they change color or got bigger and didn't fade or disappear, I'd get them checked out though.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.