Millie Bitten By Loose Dog.

Poor Millie. Arrgh loose dogs!! :headwall:angryfire Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery... :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest savvyprchick
he came by a few minutes ago to check up on millie and dropped off a weeks worth of antibiotics - he apologised again and said it's the first time buster has drawn blood on anything & he was real disappointed in him.

Um, so does this mean this dog has bitten before and just NOT drawn blood before? :blink: If so, that dog needs to be under lock and key at ALL times and muzzled when anywhere near going outside.

Guest Che_mar_Cody
he came by a few minutes ago to check up on millie and dropped off a weeks worth of antibiotics - he apologised again and said it's the first time buster has drawn blood on anything & he was real disappointed in him.

Um, so does this mean this dog has bitten before and just NOT drawn blood before? :blink: If so, that dog needs to be under lock and key at ALL times and muzzled when anywhere near going outside.

I have to say I agree, and thought the same thing. I'd check to see if records show of any bitting before. Your poor baby :kiss2 hope she's feeling better!!

I can't believe that happened!!! :omg:ohno When we walk King he is always super nice with other people and dogs, but sometimes the smaller dogs will bark and growl at him. He just backs up and looks at them like 'what's wrong with you?' :unsure When the other dog do that I immediately back off with him, I would be devastated if anything like that happened to him! I'm glad she is doing better and that your vet is taking responsibility. Best wishes for all of you and her quickest recovery possible!! :wub::getwell

gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

Oh wow, that looks awful. Do you have any "on the mend" pics? Poor sweetie :(

as requested: on the mend. you can see new pink skin coming in, the centre is still scabby dark red but it's dry. still a bit swollen but she's behaving and taking it all well.

Millie004_DCE.jpg

p.s. - mrs. vet mentioned buster the bulldog would be spending his life indoors and on lead for walkies now that his rep is sullied.....

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest savvyprchick
p.s. - mrs. vet mentioned buster the bulldog would be spending his life indoors and on lead for walkies now that his rep is sullied.....

Good to hear!

And I'm glad your baby is feeling better :)

final update: Millie is all better, little tiny bit of a scab left, but just about ready to come off, pink scar tissue not very noticeable....

MillieOK003_DCE.jpg

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest Spiff

I'm so glad to see that Millie is doing MUCH better! Spiff got bit in a similar fashion and, honestly, now you really have to look hard to find the little scars where he was bit. (He had four separate punctures and damage under the skin where the other dog's teeth met.)

Guest kathyr
That looks awful. :( Is antibiotics all he can do for Millie? I think I'd want at least some stitches & lots of pain meds. It looks like her skin is ripped open. Sending good healing thoughts to Millie.... :kiss2

Why couldn't it be stitched and a tube put in to drain it, that's what they did for one of mine when she was bit? It looks painful, poor baby sending white lights for a speedy recovery! :bighug:f_white:bighug

Guest paulamariez

I haven't been on for a while and just saw what happened to your sweet girl Millie! How absolutely horrible! I am soooo glad to see how well she's healed up! That really must have been a painful place to have such a wound! Poor baby! Sending lots of love and prayers for Millie and Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending her healing doggie kisses too!

Guest daberle

apologised again and said it's the first time buster has drawn blood on anything & he was real disappointed in him.

From what your vet said it doesn't sound like this is the first time this dog has bit!

Hope your hounds feels better soon.