Thyroid And H2o

Guest Tiz3

Is it my imagination or do dogs that are taking soloxine for thyroid problems drink more water. I have 2 dogs that are on soloxine and they seem to drink lots more than my dog that isn't on it. Has anyone else noticed this, or have I gone off the deep end.

Well, Opie's on thyroid meds too and he rarely drinks when we are at work (although his water bowl is right there). And when we are home, I dont see him drinking a lot, just normal. So I dont think you are crazy, maybe your pups are just thirstier than mine. :lol

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Sorry! My Chloe is on soloxine for losw thyroid and out of my 4 she drinks the LEAST! I am always commenting that I don't think she drinks enough! :dunno

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My Kramer took Soloxine for the last two years of his life, and it didn't change his drinking habits. My father's dog, Davy, is on it, and he just makes a mess with his water. My MOTHER is also on it (human version!) and she does drink a lot of water--but she always has!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest LokisMom

Cole has been on it since we got him. I suppose it is possible he just naturally drinks more water than the other two and it seems like the meds cause it because he's the only one on them.