Ate Everything!

Guest Rethy

Guest Rethy

I came home this evening to find that my snack shelf demolished! Shoxy ate the following:

A bunch of breakfast bars (kinda like Nutrigrain bars) -- strawberry, blueberry and general berry

Several Odwalla bars -- pomegranite and strawberry

Some wheat crackers

Some pieces of cardboard from the boxes

The part I'm most consumed about is the wrappers. I have no idea how many bars were left, so I have no idea how many wrappers were consumed in the process. There is also a possibility that she ate one of the "day lids" on my 7 day pill container (no pills were eaten). I haven't found it yet, but it seems an odd thing to have eaten. However it's not on the pill box.

She looks fine, is acting fine, is thrilled with herself and would like her dinner, which she is clearly not going to be having tonight. I am leaning towards just watching her closely, but those wrappers...

Opinions?

Guest MnMDogs

For what it's worth, sounds like something Mork has done. If you don't think she ate anything toxic I would just watch her. Mork's eaten about 11 granola bars in a sitting, a loaf of low cal bread, multiple packs of rolls, over a pound of uncooked pizza dough...you get the idea.

I've only called the vet/induced vomiting with potentially lethal items - can of coffee, sugarless gum, duraflame log.

In all other cases, I've just been prepared for the inevitable diarrhea that comes with his binge eating.

Edited by MnMDogs

I'd watch for signs of distress (pacing, panting, dry-heaving, straining to poo) but not do a pre-emptive trip to the Vet. It'll all probably pass uneventfully.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Guest nerak254

Jessica used to help herself to a wide variety of stuff too. I'm recalling a pan of brownies, a pecan pie, many loves of $$ fresh bakery bread (including wrappers) plus stuff I am having convenient amnesia about.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Well Spud and Sadie have eaten worse, and they are fine ;)

Just watch for distress, let her drink all the water she wants, and be prepared for some diarrhea.

I bet she's full and satisfied tonight!

Do any of the bars or things she ate have sugar substitute in them? That can be dangerous for dogs...

Guest Rethy

Thanks so much for all your responses :). I feel much better now. She's never done anything like this before, so it's good to know there are others who have made it through just fine. Nope, no sugar substitutes in the bars, and they were all organic so that's good, right? :rolleyes: She was disappointed that she didn't get dinner, but has gotten over it and has been sleeping off the sugar.

(Hehe yes, general berry. That mystery purple amalgamation of berries :lol )

Thank you all!

Guest IrskasMom

I would not even accuse that poor Baby Shoxy . If you ask me ....it was Athena who would do something like

that . Hugs to Shoxy :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest SillyIzzysMom

I once had a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog (100 pounds) who ate the a full bottle of thyroid pills (belonged to a dog I was doggy-sitting) I rushed her to the vet and when they induced vomiting they found the pills, a plastic bag that the newspaper had come in and a pair of my teenaged daughter's thong underpants. hahaha

But seriously, I've had dogs eat some pretty strange things (usually that I didn't even KNOW they'd eaten until poop patrol) Legos! hard candy still in the wrappers. . .I have always been amazed at what will pass. I'm betting you will be surprised by some lovely sparkly poop with foil wrappers catching the winter sun---

Naughty Shoxy! Hope she does OK. Turbo has eaten loaves of bread, bags of treats, etc. with no problem. He did get diarrhea after consumming an entire bag of dried lamb lung. *sigh*

Sure it wasn't Superman? :P (And hey, you need to get that fuzzy boy in your siggie!)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I'm digging the idea of having a snack shelf! I like that! Snack shelf. Even sounds good!

Can you tell I'm hungry?

Sorry, this is a totally useless response, eh? I apologize...

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Yeah, every pill in a 100 mile radius would be safe around my two! Cougar would be the one to eat the lid, but neither one would willingly ingest a pill.

Add us to the plastic baggy, gum wrapper, loaves of bread, raw chicken thawing on the counter, etc. group. We've gotten pretty good about keeping things up over the years, but they will always sneak something out of ya.

Tara, Coach and Cougar

I would just watch her close. Aladdin has gotten into a lot he is a monkey and will climb when I am not home, he has ate fruit, plastic, ceral, boxes, and a lot more. I have rushed him to the vet paid 500.00+ just to have him induced and it not come up and then him passing it. I would not worry if it was not toxic. These dogs are babies and act like babies. :lol

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter