Hi From Pa!

Guest greymom214

Guest greymom214

Hi folks!

My name is Nancy and I am new to Greytalk. I live in Bellefonte, PA with my 3 greys, Emily, Luisa, and Bailey. I volunteer with Nittany Greyhounds. My love affair with greys began in 1996 when I adopted my first big boy, Buddy. He is no longer with us, but he is not forgotten! This breed has changed my life, and I am sure many of you can relate very similar results in your lives. They have given me a reason to get up in the morning, and not just because of the darn needle noses stuck in my face!

I have recently taught myself how to do Native American Beadweaving, and am wondering if I can possibly make some money doing this. My hope and goal is to be able to make tapestries from pictures for people, perhaps of their greys. That is a hope for the future as I am starting small and have made some nice bookmarks, especially for bibles. I would love to turn my passion for these dogs into something creative and maybe put some kibble in bowls as well.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in any of these items? I am just looking for feedback. and don't want to break any rules here. I don't know how to post pictures, and don't want to if it isn't allowed or if I am in the wrong forum, so I thought perhaps I could include my email. If you would like to see any of the things I have done so far, please do not hesitate to email me and I will be happy to send you a picture. Your feedback would be greytly appreciated.

To the moderators - I truly hope I have done nothing wrong in mentioning these items. If I have, please accept my sincere apology, and if you could point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.

Blessings to all and hug those hounds!

Nancy Ort

nancyort@comcast.net

Hi there and Welcome from Rimouski

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

Hi there and welcome! Another PA person here. You will soon be hooked on this site! :colgate

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest Redpack

Another welcome from the Pittsburgh area! What about decorative beaded collars? We love to dress our pups up!

Edited by Redpack

Guest greymom214

Hello everyone and THANK YOU for the welcome!!! It's good to be here. And good to see some fellow Nittany peeps, too!

Redpack, I am thinking of some kind of decorative collar. They would look so pretty on the girls, and macho on the guys!

Guest JudiK

Yep - I was thinking of beaded collars too! Check out my website for how to make martingale collars - the beading is your area of expertise... but I'd love to see some when they are done! Do you have Native American heritage? How did you get interested in this?

Guest greymom214

I was looking for a craft and a friend recommended beading. Several days later, I asked what kind of beading she had in mind and she had no idea! But after she had 1st said it, I got to thinking of loom beading. I'm not interested in jewelry, and that's all the info I could find. I searched "loom" and "beading" and really came up with nothing. Then the words Native American came to mind and I started finding things. I don't have any heritage along those lines, but just felt drawn to the craft.

I love it! I am just getting started and have a lot to learn. The weaving isn't hard, but I have to learn how to finish my work so it looks nice. I'm sure any collars I would make wouldn't be strong enough for anything other than a decorative collar, but it's something to work on to see what I could come up with.

Yep - I was thinking of beaded collars too! Check out my website for how to make martingale collars - the beading is your area of expertise... but I'd love to see some when they are done! Do you have Native American heritage? How did you get interested in this?

Yah Julian!!

Guest greymom214

Just checked out your site. You know, I don't like to sew, but I could bead something and sew it onto a martingale collar.....thanks for the idea!!!! That's probably what you were thinking but I took the scenic route getting there!

Guest JudiK
Just checked out your site. You know, I don't like to sew, but I could bead something and sew it onto a martingale collar.....thanks for the idea!!!! That's probably what you were thinking but I took the scenic route getting there!

Yep - but you probably want to make them in "sizes" as the slide would tend to scrape and break the beads.

Yep - but you probably want to make them in "sizes" as the slide would tend to scrape and break the beads.

Welcome from Northeast Pa. We are from Pottsville in Schuylkill County and we are also new to Greytalk. Our Girl will be celebrating her gotcha day in April. I look forward to seeing your work . Liz (Chauncey's Mom)

Edited by Liz

:wave Welcome! From a former Warminster PA person now a SC person! Your weaving sounds like a greayt idea! I am sure you could make some money. I would be very interested in seeing it.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter