Link For Vaccine Protocols

My computer crashed...lost all my saved information. Would someone be so kind as to post the link that has the chart for how often to give vaccines? My vet (grey saavy) insists everything needs to be done yearly..I want to go with three year protocol. he says until he sees something in writing, he still wants to do yearly. I want to hand him the report and see what he says!

Guest greyvettech

I agree with you about most vaccines but be careful about only vaccinating every three years when it comes to the distemper combo vaccine....This seven in one injection protects your pet against many possibly very deadly diseases that can be contracted through little contact to the source...In Florida, there is no such thing as a three year distemper even though some clinics get away with using it!

In Florida the only shot required yearly is rabies.

My dogs are on the "every three year, or when I remember and have to extra money," plan. Since we have three seniors now, I seriously doubt they will be getting any more annual shots. And if I do, it will be done over two or three visits, not all at once.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I agree with you about most vaccines but be careful about only vaccinating every three years when it comes to the distemper combo vaccine....This seven in one injection protects your pet against many possibly very deadly diseases that can be contracted through little contact to the source...

Personally, I would avoid doing any combo vaccines. The risk of a reaction is multiplied with them and you won't even know which one caused the problem. It's better to space them out by a couple of weeks and this also lets you only give the vaccines that you need (many are only a concern in certain regions, or not at all anymore).

Edited by Ola

Guest greyvettech
I agree with you about most vaccines but be careful about only vaccinating every three years when it comes to the distemper combo vaccine....This seven in one injection protects your pet against many possibly very deadly diseases that can be contracted through little contact to the source...

Personally, I would avoid doing any combo vaccines. The risk of a reaction is multiplied with them and you won't even know which one caused the problem. It's better to space them out by a couple of weeks and this also lets you only give the vaccines that you need (many are only a concern in certain regions, or not at all anymore).

Usually, it's the leptosporosis that they have a reaction to- In our clinic, we have the option to give the distemper without lepto- in most cases, small breed dogs sometimes have reactions to the lepto-When it comes to vaccines, I tend to listen to what the Veterinarian suggests seeing as they have spent ten+ years in school and they keep up with current vaccine protocals....The clinics that seperate everything in the distemper vaccine are making a lot of money off their clients since they charge 15+ for each one where as we charge 23 for one vaccine with everything in it!

Edited by greyvettech