Alan Going To Vet

Guest ss556

Guest Redpack

I'm afraid to ask, but what does "threw a clot" mean? Hope everything comes back good. Alan is still one of my favorites!

Edited by Redpack

With the type of kidney disease that Alan has, glomerularnephritis, he is prone to blood clots. he is on 1/2 baby aspirin per day, for the rest of his life. It would mean a stroke, in his case as in last week, I would think a "mini stroke".

Alan, Pipi-Francine said lets go to the beach & trim down & eat oyster shells right off the beach. She's on a diet too...someone asked why she was fatter than everyone else at the last meet/greet.

As long as you're satisfied with the results then I'm okay too.

I need to PM you about the clot thing.

Alan would love to beach it with Pipi Francine. It would be too long of a car ride:) But is sure does sound nice! Ok about the clotting thing - looking for your PM.

I notice you say his teeth are bad and you're doing CET rinse 2x/week. Just as a point of reference, I brush once a day (2 dogs get an electric toothbrush), and CET rinse 2x/DAY. Even so, I'm not sure if it helps much. But some. 2x/weeks seems like it wouldn't do much of anything..... :unsure:

Disclaimer: I'm no vet! ;)

I hope Alan feels better SOON! No clots, buddy boy!!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

I appreciate your input, XAN, I'm just going by my vet's recommendations. Maybe I will have to use the rinse more often. I certainly plan on brushing his teeth more often. He hates it!!!

I don't have a choice, I have to brush Polli's teeth every night, just like the kids! the others get it once a week excpet Beau. He cries when he sees the brush.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Well, I will certainly be doing more for Alan's teeth. I just bought gel to put on his teeth every night after reading about it here. I don't know if I should continue with that and use the CET rinse.