How Long To Wait After Dental To Brush

I've been told 24 hours, but I don't know with an extraction--probably best to call the vet and ask.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest greytpets

I usually leave it alone the day after then brush the next day, so Thursday for you.

Just because theyre grogging the day they go home, leave it a day to settle down but should be fine by the day after ;)

Guest greyvettech

Well, if she is on Clavamox she probably had pretty bad gingivitis and infection issues..If she had an extraction, her gums will be tender for a couple days-I would probably wait a week or so then get back into the brushing routine....give her a little bit of a break.....Metronidazole is generally given for diarrhea...maybe she has colitis too?

When Polli had her extractions (17) they told me I could do it immeditately. I waited 3 days.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Well, if she is on Clavamox she probably had pretty bad gingivitis and infection issues..If she had an extraction, her gums will be tender for a couple days-I would probably wait a week or so then get back into the brushing routine....give her a little bit of a break.....Metronidazole is generally given for diarrhea...maybe she has colitis too?

They told me the clavamox was for the extraction and metronidazole was for gingivitis....I have not heard of anyone getting metronidazole after a dental. she does not have colitis or diarrhea.

Guest greytpets

Metronidazole (Flagyl) in combination with amoxicillin is used for severe and chronic periodontal disease or after an extraction.

Jester has it after every dental (3-6 months) as he has a severe hyper-sensitivity to plaque. ;)

They told me the clavamox was for the extraction and metronidazole was for gingivitis....I have not heard of anyone getting metronidazole after a dental. she does not have colitis or diarrhea.

Ruby was on Tramadol for five days (for pain), and she was also on metronidazole....they told me it worked as an antibiotic. She also has gingivitis, and had two extractions. Absolutely no colitis, either.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.