New One On Me

laurie

I swear, that's what he said. :blink:

Rhemus had a dental Tuesday (only had to have 1 tooth pulled!), and they sent a fecal to the lab, too, while he was there. It came back positive for nasal worm eggs. :eek

What the--!!!!!!

Panacur to the rescue :lol

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

OK - I cannot let this go. What is a nasal worm doing in a fecal? He had his nose up his butt?

Carol Macherey DVM posted on the list last month about seeing several cases in a month, so I emailed Dr. Bill and here is what he said:

I've not diagnosed it myself... but I can't say if I've never seen it. The eggs are only intermittently shed and nasal swabs are not reliable. A nasal "wash" is diagnostic but requires anesthesia so isn't very practical. If you get lucky and the dog swallows some mucous with eggs you can catch it in a fecal but it is a hit or miss thing.

He posted it to the vet list and someone at a track had seen several cases.

All I can say is yuk--right up there with nose mites.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

eeuuuuuugh!

I think nose worms beats my A level biology teacher talking to us about eyelash mites. my eyelashes itched for days afterwards.

Hannah - off to find some other area of Holly's anatomy to cover in kisses until she forgets about nose worms and mites.

Guest ArtysPeople
Garry has constant dripping from his nose..not like his nose is wet..the drops hit the floor. No other symptoms though. I never heard of nasal worms (yuck) and was wondering if drippy nose was related or anything to worry about.

Arty's nose will do this if he's excited. It's often accompanied by chattering. It happens a lot in the car, for example. We were told it's normal for greys. :dunno

Rhem doesn't have any symptoms, and I've never seen any worms.

And, I'm NOT gonna stop kissing his cute little nose!! :lol

(Maybe I'll need some Panacur, too :lol )

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

Garry has constant dripping from his nose..not like his nose is wet..the drops hit the floor. No other symptoms though. I never heard of nasal worms (yuck) and was wondering if drippy nose was related or anything to worry about.

Arty's nose will do this if he's excited. It's often accompanied by chattering. It happens a lot in the car, for example. We were told it's normal for greys. :dunno

Thanks! he does chatter also and I guess he is always excited since he is always drippy :colgate

Oh gosh, while I appreciate learning yet something else new and exciting....... yuck! :puke I'll file this info for potential future use (or not).

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)