Opinion On Symptoms Please

His HCT/PCV has been 49, 52 & 45 on 3 separate tests between last April and last July. His HGB has been 17.7, 19.9 & 17.3 on those same tests. I just got my hands on this information on Friday as our old vet was just looking at the reference range, which apparently is not for greyhounds based on the information I've been able to find online.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Poor Pop, he is really having a hard time. You are only about 3 to 4 hours from OSU and the greyhound experts, if at all possible I would take him there. It sounds like the vets who have seen him have not really given him the proper care.

I have done the vet run-around before, and if I had just gone directly to A & M Vet School we would have done much better.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

We have faxed all the information and emailed pictures to Dr. Couto @ OSU. Plus when we get more results on Tuesday we will fax that down. If worst comes to worst, then we will have to drive him down there, which wouldn't be too bad as his foster mom lives in northern Ohio.

• 1 month later...

Here's updated pics of Pop's face. He's been on antibiotics since at least February and thryoid meds for 3 1/2 weeks. His face is looking better. Hair is starting to grow back in and the skin is pink when the scabs fall off but then starts to turn back to a grayish color like the rest of his skin. You can see a couple of spots where scabs just fell off so they look a little bloody, but compared to the original pictures, his face is looking better.

Pophealingface2.jpg

Pophealingface1.jpg

Pophealingface.jpg

I forgot to add, he now has more energy so we were having issues getting him to keep his head still for these shots...and today he was pouncing on Zelda quite hard while running, she growled at him to get him to back off (so muzzles went on immediately and no more running with no muzzles unless it is just 1 hound by themself outside, which would only happen if chasing the ball).

I would love to take him to meet and greets (if there's not enough fosters available or if it's outdoors and we can have more dogs there), but am waiting for his face to look a little better as I don't want to scare potential adopters. He's very pushy and would greet anyone who comes near him...he sniffed me up and down tonight when I got back from our group's event (we had a booth at a local home improvement show).