Does Anyone Know What This Is? (pic)

Guest i_heart_greys

isn't that her stopper pad? it looks like it's been rubbed raw somehow. has she been doing some fast running and stopping?

nevermind, I see that's a back foot...don't think she has a stopper pad there

Edited by grey14me

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

That's a back foot, right? No stopper pad there. Corns are typically found on the thick hairless toepad or footpad area, not up on the furry skin. I don't know what that is, but I'd have it looked at by a vet. :(

Edited by ZoomDoggy

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest 2Brindles

It looks like the benign tumor we removed from Ronan back in December. At first, we thought it was an injured paw pad, but he did not have a paw pad in that location on his other paws and we could not get it to stop bleeding. When DH took him to the vet, he was told that it was a benign tumor and we had it removed. Then we had a fun two weeks getting him not to bother it. :wacko:

Guest greyttech

Kinda looks like a histiocytoma to me, which are benign and generally go away within a few months on their own. I would have the vet take a look just make sure its nothing bad.

Guest houndlover

I agree with the others. It does not look like a corn or wart though b/c it isn't in the spot that you would normally find those. Doesn't hurt to have it looked at by the vet.

Kinda looks like a histiocytoma to me, which are benign and generally go away within a few months on their own. I would have the vet take a look just make sure its nothing bad.

Yep, reminds me of something that showed up recently on a former foster. It started to get worse rather than better so they had it surgically removed. I would definitely go see a vet about this, just to confirm.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

No--not a corn, it appears to be some kind of a mass. I would take her to the vet and have the Dr do a fine needle aspirate to determine what kind of tumor it is. Could be a number of things some good and some not-so-good. Basically IMHO any lump should be checked especially when you find them on the extremities. Hoping for something benign B)