If You Live In Greenville Sc Who Is Your Vet?

Can you please tell me who is your vet and why you reccommend them, I am looking for a new vet, the one I loved retired. (Zink) Since then I have not found one in my area that I really like, I have tried a few but just did not feel a connection. Any Referrals........

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm in Greenville, but my vet is in Anderson. After struggling with Hunky's SLO toes we decided to get a second opinion before having a toe biopsy done and went to Electric City Animal Clinic. I can't say enough good things about them, and I think that some members of my adoption group use them as well. Dr. Herald has gone above and beyond in the years he's been treating Hunky to learn about SLO and he's supportive of my choice to feed a raw diet. Love ECAC!

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif

I'm in Greenville, but my vet is in Anderson. After struggling with Hunky's SLO toes we decided to get a second opinion before having a toe biopsy done and went to Electric City Animal Clinic. I can't say enough good things about them, and I think that some members of my adoption group use them as well. Dr. Herald has gone above and beyond in the years he's been treating Hunky to learn about SLO and he's supportive of my choice to feed a raw diet. Love ECAC!

:wave Hi SC Peeps!

I used to live in Greenville (many moons ago), my husband was from Anderson, and my FIL still lives there. Is there an adoption group in Greenville or Anderson? I don't get back there much but if I ever do, would love to meet some of you.

Pat in Kansas

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

This may not help in terms of finding a closer vet. I live near Spartanburg, SC and have been using Reidville Road Animal Hospital (easy to reach from I26) for the last 9 years. This is a great group of people. The vets and the staff are wonderful and caring. I never have any trouble getting worked in if I'm worried about one of my animals. Staff and the vets are great about returning calls and following through with anything they promise to do. My greyhound, Piper, is epileptic and has pretty tough cluster seizures. This vet has been great about working with me, using information I bring in from web research w/o having his ego get in the way--treats the owner as part of the team taking care of the animal. Capable, caring, willing to go the extra mile--they often "baby sit" Piper if I have to be at work and he is in the midst of a seizure episode. Very little staff turn over and great techs and receptionists.

Good luck in oyur search for a vet.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I also love ECAC! The vets there will read up on conditions they're unfamiliar with, even if the patient isn't theirs. (The techs snitched on them. :lol ) They also work well as a team. Between Dr Herold and Dr Tope, Cullen is still here despite having an awful time this Jan and early Feb. This was scary as we're new in town. Most if not all of the vet techs are certified too.

They do see a lot of greyhounds and work with adoption groups and shelters. Neat!

Marcia in Anderson SC

Hey Pat,

Keep my addy. I'd love to meet you when you're in town. Maybe if we go RVing in Kansas we can meet you too.

Anderson has (or had?) Greyhounds and Love but they seem to be pretty inactive at the moment. Last fall Florida-based Homeward Bound Greyhounds started up a chapter in Starr (near Anderson). They also use ECAC. :colgate

Marcia

I used to live in Greenville (many moons ago), my husband was from Anderson, and my FIL still lives there. Is there an adoption group in Greenville or Anderson? I don't get back there much but if I ever do, would love to meet some of you.

Pat in Kansas

Guest KennelMom

Poinsett Animal Hospital!! www.poinsettvet.com We usually see Dr. Felder, but I don't mind seeing the other vet there, Dr. Marshall. Both are excellent and very well versed in greyhounds. One of Dr. Felder's teachers in vet school was Dr. Blythe who helped write Care of the Racing Greyhound. I know Dr. Marshall has gone to greyhound health/vet seminars in the past as well. I must have went to 4 or 5 vets in the area until I found them. :bow2

Poinsett AH is awesome - from the vets to the supporting staff and vet techs.

Edited by KennelMom

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

Pat in Kansas

Greyhound Crossroads has a lot of volunteers and adopters in the Anderson and Greenville area. We'd love to meet you next time you are in the area!

Pat in Kansas

Since I have been in South Carolina, I moved here from PA. the two groups that I have had excellent dealings with and are very helpful, please look up For the Hounds and their is a new group started that is going to be FANTASTIC and they are already doing some great work is Homeward Bound greyhounds , I can not brag enough about these two groups, of corse their is others out there but these two I have had the greatest experience with!!!! :yay:yay:yay:wave Please look up either one of these and I am sure you will be very HAPPY! :colgate I also would love to meet you and you can ususally see me volunteering with one of these groups. Or you can just PM ME

Thanks so much for all the suggestions on the vets!!!!!!! :colgate:colgate I will be contacting one of them!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter