Corn Or Wart?

Guest k9keepr

Guest k9keepr

My Gannon is almost 9 and has the flatest feet !! Just last night I noticed a hard knot on one pad. It actually feels like he is growing a new toenail! Then tonight I noticed a smaller one on his other front foot. What do warts and corns look like?? I have been reading up on them but can't seem to find a picutre of either to compare them with whatever it is that is on his feet. So far they dont seem to be bothering him as the largest one is more on the outside edge of his pad and not on the surface he walks on....Help. Some of you may remember me as Riley-Roo's mom who was my tripod due to OS. Roo left me over a yeaqr ago for those of you who wonder why I havent been here in a long time. Please help me with Gannon's problem Thanks.

Guest houndlover

I'm sorry to hear about Riley roo. OS is such a horrible disease. :( One of my greys, Casey, also has problems with growths on the pads of his feet. I wasn't sure what it was either. I tried just about everything to get rid of them, with the consent of my vet of course. I thought that it was some kind of wart but it turns out he has horny growths on the pads of his feet. They aren't always on the bottom of the pad, sometimes they are on the side but the vet explained it as almost like a callous. I take my boys to the vet every month to have their nails trimmed and the vet just snips off the horny growth as they appear. The growths don't hurt him when they remove them but they definitely seem to bother him when he is walking on them constantly. I tried to do a websearch for pictures of horny growths to show you what they look like but you can imagine some of the websites that came up. :o I will try to take a picture of Casey's foot and post it so you can have something to compare it to. Have you tried anything on the knot, like compound W?

Guest k9keepr

I just discovered thhis "thing" so I havent tried anything yet. I would appreciate the picture if you can post it for me. Thanks. And thank you folks for remembering my brave Riley-Roo. He was still cancer free when I had to help him to the Bridge due to a blown disc in his low back....it was a terrible sad thing as he had been so brave and fought the OS (and won!) for 2 years!

This is a picture of Isis's corn. I had it hulled about six months ago and it grew back. About two months ago I was able to work it out with my fingernail (over a three hour period of time). It has already grown back but it smaller each time.

IsissCorn007.jpg

IsissCorn002.jpg

Then after it was removed...

IsissCorn009.jpg

Good Luck

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Check out the links posted in this thread: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=190710

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest kdbeaar
Check out the links posted in this thread: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=190710

There's a greyt picture and description of warts and corns on http://www.grassmere-animal-hospital.com

I used to have Trooper's corns removed once a month; they always grew back. Therapaw boots give him a lot of relief when walking on hard surfaces.

Good luck, they're so frustrating to deal with!

Karen

(I think this is my first post!)