Stick With A Fork

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

I just got the booboo healed on Randy that he would NOT leave alone.

He's done it again! He's got another small booboo on the lower leg and has licked again till it bled like crazy!

I've got splitty splots of blood on the kitchen and computer room floor :blink:

Back to square one :(

Guest Tenderhearts

Well as soon as he saw the vet wrap, he took off. I had to use the cookie jar technique to entice him back into the kitchen.

He's now wrapped and unhappy, but at least I can mop the floor now :rolleyes:

I feel your pain! Scott had a puncture wound on his butt that defyied 2 sets of staples and that isn't quite all better yet. He slipped on the ice yesterday while playing and skinned his hock. He is an accident waiting to happen.

:hope Randy leaves both his booboos alone and that they heal quickly!

:grouphug

Randy, if you dont start to take a little care your mum will be forced to encase you in bubble wrap!

I just invisioned Randy inside this plastic bubble with his boo boo leg hanging out & Randy's licking the inside of the bubble.... :lol

Randy, no more licking. (I know from personal experience that this statement will help immensely :lol ). Bubble wrap is a great idea but I too think Randy will be able to lick despite this precautionary step.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest LovesDoggies
I just got the booboo healed on Randy that he would NOT leave alone.

He's done it again! He's got another small booboo on the lower leg and has licked again till it bled like crazy!

I've got splitty splots of blood on the kitchen and computer room floor :blink:

Back to square one :(

I don't know if this will help, but when I picked up Butch yesterday after he had gotten stitches, my vet advised that (instead of an elizabethan collar) I get this new round, inflatable thing that goes around the dog's neck. It looks like one of those travel pillows that go around your neck, except it connects in the front. He hasn't been turning too much to get to the stitches, so it's hard to assess how well it will work. I think he will still be able to turn back, but when he does, he will not be able to lower his head enough to reach the wound. I hope that made sense.

Edited to add:

example

Edited by LovesDoggies

Guest GiJenn51

Randy!!! Leave it alone!!! Trouble has a new boo boo-- I put neosporin on it, and toldher to leave it alone-- she licked it once-- got the nasty taste in her mouth--- Maybe that will work for Randy?

Randall! (You know you are in trouble when I call you Randall) Give it a break big guy! :shakefinger

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.