Greetings From Toronto

Guest larock

I've been lurking for about a year, finally posting in November after we lost our beloved Wardy. It was the wonderful people of Greytalk that helped me get through this and decide to adopt again.

My name is Lynn Roick and I'm from Toronto, Canada. My DH, David and I adopted our first greyhound in September 99, Walter (Zeke's Walter). In 2004 we decided to adopt another greyhound, a senior special needs boy from Ohio, Ward (Earned Reward). Ward was a happy guy and lived with us for 3 wonderful years before going to the bridge on November 1st, 2007. We we heartbroken but the house was too empty so was adopted Brightning (USS Frightning) from Buffalo Greyhound Adoption. She's an 8 year old broody and very sweet. Love those seniors!

I work in the accounting/IT related field for several corporate event related businesses. In 1999, I created the Greyhound Pals in order to donate back to the greyhound cause. To date there have been over 700 pals made www.greyhoundpal.com . I also paint but not that much. Last year I became the Director of the Greyhounds in Art show held at GRTB www.greyhoundsinart.com . We had a great year in 07 (the weather was awesome) and raised just over $3500 for the Morris Animal Foundation's, canine cancer research.

Since 1999 I've been blessed to have attended 8 GRTB events in Dewey DE and 6 Gathering's in Kanab, UT. Last year was our first time attending the Grapehounds event, and what a blast we had! Can you say HELLO Lemoncello...who knew it would be so good???

So, Hi to everyone and hopefully I'll get to meet more of you over the next year!

:)

Lynn

Edited by larock

Hi Lynn!

I met you this year at the art show, so glad you decided to join Greytalk!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Hi Lynnn, we met at Grapehounds. It's great to see you here. We still have to work on getting a Hope for Hounds Pal made.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Hi Lynnn, we met at Grapehounds. It's great to see you here. We still have to work on getting a Hope for Hounds Pal made.

I've not made a "Nurse Pal" yet...me thinks this would be a good idea???

:)

Hi from Kitchener! I've met you at the Greyhounds in Art Show! Love your work :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest pashas_momdad

Hey Lynn,

Welcome from another Torontonian. Come and join us at Norwood Park some time. Sundays from 12:00 - 1:00. That is, when the ice in the park has disappeared. Today it was still mostly a skating rink.

Joost

Hey Lynn,

Welcome from another Torontonian. Come and join us at Norwood Park some time. Sundays from 12:00 - 1:00. That is, when the ice in the park has disappeared. Today it was still mostly a skating rink.

Joost

Thanks.

Is that the park off Gerard st E, in the east end?

I think I have met you a few times too. :rolleyes:

I have three grey pals sharing a rocking chair in my family room.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I think I have met you a few times too. :rolleyes:

I have three grey pals sharing a rocking chair in my family room.

...were there margaritas involved??? :lol

Hi Irene!

Edited by larock