One More Antibiotic Question

Shanti's antibiotics did not come with the insert like my kids do. :P

Does antibiotics throw off their appetite?

She is eating, but not at much as normal. Her behavior is amazingly improved. She is really perking up! Who would have thought!!! Guess I am 100% forgiven. :D

The Girls

My Missy B is on Cephalexin right now due to running into a tree branch and putting a hole in her side : ( The insert that came with that states that it can cause an upset stomach and to give with food. I've also found antibiotics can give them the big D as well.

I know when I'm on them they definitely upset my stomach so I have to think it would be the same for the greyhounds. I had a question about the Cehpalexin so I went to the Merck Veterinary Manual online and looked it up so you could always do that and check to see specific side effects of the antibiotic.

On the positive side, I'm so glad Shanti's feeling better!!

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

My Missy B is on Cephalexin right now due to running into a tree branch and putting a hole in her side : ( The insert that came with that states that it can cause an upset stomach and to give with food. I've also found antibiotics can give them the big D as well.

I know when I'm on them they definitely upset my stomach so I have to think it would be the same for the greyhounds. I had a question about the Cehpalexin so I went to the Merck Veterinary Manual online and looked it up so you could always do that and check to see specific side effects of the antibiotic.

On the positive side, I'm so glad Shanti's feeling better!!

That is the antibiotic Shanti is on. I am guessing it makes her stomach upset. I will have to go look at the online manual. We have not gotten the big D yet, but we have gotten softer. By the end of 8 weeks, I am guessing we will.

The Girls

I guess I should have known it could not be "that easy". She did eat everything last night and is eating it all this morning. I will keep a close eye on her and see about the carafate. What worries me is that I leave for a week on Monday for work (not going is not an option). DH will be here and she will be in wonderful hands, but it is just not the same. ;)

The Girls