Flea And Tick Preventative And Epilepsy?

Guest EmilyAnne

Gabriel didn't have epilepsy, but he was VERY sick otherwise. The vet said that Frontline resides in the hair follicles and is not systemic. Advantage is systemic. So, we used Frontline.

Frontline for ticks/fleas and Interceptor for heart worms. Just a thought...my guess is that he'll need to be on heart worm preventive while in Florida. That may be something you'll want to talk to your vet about if you haven't yet. In the south east heart worm treatment is a 12 month a year necessity.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I am new here, we just got a GH this week and are still trying to get her used to us. But we were wondering, where do you recommend getting the flea and heartworm stuff at? I know it's cheaper online, but is there any website better than 1800 petmeds? because we love her and we want to keep her healthy, but we'd love to be able to get the best price for the medication/treatment we'll be getting for her.

Thanks!

EmilyAnne, I would probably apply Frontline 3-5 days before your trip starts so the med has a chance to spread over his skin before he gets into flea/tick territory.

The advice about giving heartworm meds is good, too.

I know that some seizure dogs do react to those meds but many don't, and you sure don't want him picking up hitchhikers.

Hope your whole family has a wonderful trip!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.