Introducing Ginger Pye!

Guest GingerPie

Guest GingerPie

Well, it is time to finally introduce our first Greyhound after lurking here since about May of this year!

Our dear dog, Tabasco, died this time last year at age 14 and she was with us from 10 weeks old. I miss her dearly.

My dh and I have always wanted to adopt a greyhound so now seemed like the right time. We did lots of research and then contacted the Maine Greyhound Placement Services (MGPS). They did a tremendous job matching us up with the sweetest, most beautiful and gentle dog we could ever have imagined. We feel instantly in love with her and cannot imagine our lives without her.

Her racing name was MJ's Milkshake (though it does not appear that she raced officially) and she will be 3 in January. We renamed her Ginger Pye after a favorite book of my oldest daughter's, and because she is the color of Ginger. I hope to post some pics here, it is my first time!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc3...00AYs2rFy5bOWJg

Dori and Ginger Pye

Edited by GingerPie

can't wait for pics...welcome from socal!

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest GingerPie
What a cute name! The pictures were pretty small, but she sure looks like a beauty! :wub:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I wish I knew how to make the pics bigger... I will try again!

Dori

Welcome to GT! :wave Your girlie is gorgeous. :wub: Your life has changed forever... :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest ArtysPeople

Welcome, Ginger Pye! I remember when you were on the MGPS website looking for a home earlier this year . . . it's so wonderful to hear you've landed in such a greyt one!

And if I remember correctly, was it a girl in your family who recently made and sold some doggie treats to benefit MGPS? You must be working out alright if your family's that inspired! Cheers for them! :clap

:welcome2

Guest GingerPie
Welcome, Ginger Pye! I remember when you were on the MGPS website looking for a home earlier this year . . . it's so wonderful to hear you've landed in such a greyt one!

And if I remember correctly, was it a girl in your family who recently made and sold some doggie treats to benefit MGPS? You must be working out alright if your family's that inspired! Cheers for them! :clap

:welcome2

Thank you for the terrific welcome!

It was indeed, my oldest daughter who played her violin and made doggie treats to sell a couple of weeks ago. It was all her idea after reading the newsletter from MGPS. She is 11 TODAY and I could not be more proud of her.

She figures that since we cannot adopt all of the hounds, she can try and save them all!

I am so glad that Ginger was not placed before we found her!!

Guest ArtysPeople
It was indeed, my oldest daughter who played her violin and made doggie treats to sell a couple of weeks ago. It was all her idea after reading the newsletter from MGPS. She is 11 TODAY and I could not be more proud of her.

She figures that since we cannot adopt all of the hounds, she can try and save them all!

:clap That is so awesome! Congratulations on raising such a GREYT young woman, someone who not only recognizes and empathizes with need, but gets out there and does something about it. You have a lot to feel proud about! :clap

I was at the MGPS quarterly meeting where they announced recent activities and how much money each had raised, and she got a big round of applause. She raised more than some of the activities put together by adults!

Christie

Welcome and congratulations on your new addition! She's a beauty and has such a bright, expressive face. I look forward to more pictures and stories about her.

And your 11 year old sounds like an awesome girl too! :clap

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown