Remembering

galgrey

Today I am remembering my mother and my beloved weimie girl, Hannah. I lost them both on this day 10 years apart. My mother in 1994 and Hannah in 2004. If you think it's unfitting that I remember them both in the same post ,read on.

It was from my dear mother that I inherited my love of animals and so much more. She taught me the love of nature, the great joy of curiosity, and the wonder of an inquiring mind. Among other valuable things, she taught me tolerance, acceptance, and humility. Though I miss her every day, I am also exceedingly grateful for her life and the lessons her life taught me. And she loved my girl, Hannah, as she loved all creatures. She was so happy for me when I got her. Perhaps more than anyone else, she knew the joy and unconditional love this puppy brought me and she celebrated it with me.

And Hannah ... you came to me at a mere 8 weeks of age and shared my life for almost 11 short, but wonderful, years. Sure weimaraners aren't for everyone, but they are incredibly intelligent and love their chosen human deeply and without reservation. I was honored to be so loved by Hannah. Athough she was sure the sun rose and set on me, there were times I worried that I was unworthy of such devotion. Silly me. I need not have worried. Her love, like that of her species, was pure.

How fitting that I think of you both today! I love you, I miss you, and I thank you .... I'm grateful for your lives and love. Because of you, I have known unconditional love and am a better human being. :beatheart I'll see you later.

RainbowSky.jpg

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

We are shaped by those we love. :f_red

So true. Thank you, Z.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending my thoughts and prayers your way. I lost my Mom in December and now LaceyLaine. I know how you are hurting. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

darn allergies! pass the tissues. :sad1

What a beautiful tribute.... I have no doubt your Mom was there to help Hannah to the bridge.

:grouphug