Hi From A New Person!

Guest kristilee

Guest kristilee

Hi Everyone

My name is Kristilee, I just adopted a beautiful greyhound from a shelter in Pennsyvania (from the PSPCA, not a greyhound rescue). Don't ask me how a grey ended up in a shelter! She doesn't have a tattoo so I assume she is not an ex-racer. I want to do everything I can to be a great owner for her so I sought out this forum. I already have a martingale collar on her and I picked up a copy of "greyhounds for dummies" - even though she is not a retired racer, I figured there would still be a lot of good information about breed traits in there. Does anyone have any other suggestions for books/websites where I could learn how to be a great greyhound mom?

Thanks in advance! :colgate

Welcome from Kansas! Stick with us and you'll learn lots. If you have any questions, post them and you'll get lots of good advice.

Congratulations on your new baby. What's her name? And of course, we require :digicam ! It's in the rules, don't you know.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

:welcome Hi and welcome! Congratulations on adopting a greyhound!! Any of the books by Cynthia Branigan would also be a good read. Just reading through GT's various forums should help you learn about the breed (my favorite forum is the Pet Merchandise....gotta feed the collar addiction :P:lol:lol ).

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

welcome from socal. mention of pictures has already been made here, so i won't pile on. :D

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

We need :digicam. It's in the :rules

Welcome, but we really do need pictures.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.