Introducing The Young Pack (and Our New Hound!)

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Since I've learned to do pics, I can introduce us now!

My name's Karen and I am owned by 2 greyhounds and one Chart Polski (new adoption!!!)

This is Tapsy - he's our 11 y/o love a dog (aka Sir Shakes-a-Lot on the GRTB board)

PA080085.jpg

Then there's Julie - she's our 9 y/o with a rough past (aka Lady Julie, former biscuit wench)

PA080084.jpg

And, introducing our newest family member...

Gryf is a Chart Polski who we have been fostering for the past 4 weeks now through Make Peace with Animals. He's been a bit of a challenge for us all but has won over our hearts! He's actually a retired show hound!

Gryf.jpg How can you not LOVE this face?!

I've REALLY enjoyed reading and starting to post here!

Guest Greyhoundbaby
hmmm cute. He's like a hairy greyhound. Is his personality much different from a greyhound? Is he about the same size?

Chart Polski's, as I'm quickly learning, have similar personalities yet different. They have traditionally been bred for hunting fox in Poland - so, they are thicker and furrier than a grey and much more aggressive. Gryf stands 29.5 inches to the shoulder and should weigh 75 pounds. He's underweight right now - we're the 3rd house he's been in across the last 6 months. (He's a bounce because after 5 years he didn't "fit their lifestyle" anymore.)

He's begining to socialize a bit better with our 2 greys but it is taking more training and attention than when we have introduced other greys to the pack.

Oh, the other big difference? When he walks, he actually prances (like a bouncing step) - the vet tech has nicknamed him Sir Prance-a-lot!

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Hey you! It's Karen Young!

And, it's your fault we have Gryf even though you weren't the Irene that posted...I swear I thought it was you which was the other reason I read the post! So....Thank You!

:D:D:D

Welcome to Greytalk...I don't mean to be rough on you right off the bat, but what are you doing to make Gryf more comfortable? I mean...look at this! We may have to do a home visit.... :hehe :hehe

PA200007.jpg

Gryf has quite a handsome face! :wub: Welcome, glad to see all of your gorgeous hounds!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC