Food Allergies And Gifts

Stoney

I noticed in the 'Fill in the Blanks' thread that a few of the questions were about food. I thought with the prevalence of food allergies these days (either in us or a family member) that it might be a good idea to share that information so we don't inadvertently poison anyone!

Guest fountainpengwen

Don't send me any avocados. Somehow, I don't think that will be a problem. :lol

(Hey, you think THAT food allergy is weird - I went to school with a girl allergic to CELERY. :blink: )

Don't send me any avocados. Somehow, I don't think that will be a problem. :lol

(Hey, you think THAT food allergy is weird - I went to school with a girl allergic to CELERY. :blink: )

Ok, that's weird!

Luckily, I have no allergies (well, except to my cats - please don't send any more - mail is not an approved way of getting rid of unwanted kittens :lol).

Guest greyhound_mommy
Don't send Monty ANY FOOD. FOOEY!

He eats a rabbit based diet so fresh bunnies are appreciated but likely don't ship well! :blink:

Well see you're about two weeks too late. Halle just had herself a bunny that we chucked over the fence.

I will have to pass on the Cod and Halibut if I want to continue breathing in the manner I am accustomed to!

Riley cannot have any corn or wheat.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest winli02

I am allergic to strawberries and penicillin....not that anyone cares, of course. Just felt like sharing :D

And I am scared of Jello as I bravely admitted in another thread

Guest LazyBones

you weren't the same woman who was on the maury show yesterday, were you? :lol

fortunately, i am not allergic to anything i know of, but i find it hard to to breath around the smell of fabric softener! :blush gumby does not have any allergies/sensitivities that i am aware of.

Guest Copemantx

Don't send any seafood this way. I tend to puff up and quit breathing.

A weird allergy is my coworker that is allergic to watermelon. She breaks out in hives and her voice raises to the point you think she emptied a balloon of helium out.

Yes, I have a wierd allergy. Eggplant. Please no eggplant souffle, Santa.

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

I am allergic to soy, which is in most processed food, including many brands of chocolate.

But any cookies, chocolate or other snacks with soy in them that I receive will be happily consumed by DH. So don't worry about it.

Guest VanillaBean

OMG, I saw the same show and wondered the same thing when I read that! :lol:lol:lol:lol

Guest winli02

OMG, I saw the same show and wondered the same thing when I read that! :lol:lol:lol:lol

Is my evil twin out there???? :P Nope, not me, but if you wanna pretend it was me so you can tell all your friends that you know someone who was on the Maury Show, be my guest! (as long as the guest in question was unbelievably gorgeous!)

Guest greyhound_mommy
I am allergic to strawberries and penicillin....not that anyone cares, of course. Just felt like sharing :D

Does that mean I shouldn't inject chocolate covered strawberries with penicillin???

I am allergic to pcn too. I love chocolate and strawberries though. :)

well, i'm allergic to antibiotics but doubt you'll be sending them my way. i'm also allergic to ground nuts and milk.... but, doubt someone would be silly enough to send milk. oh and if you decide to send some benadryl to counter act the antibiotic you sent, it will be a fun "TRIP" for me.... it makes me hallucinate! LOL

Brooklyn can only have protein in the whole form... so, we've got rabbit we could send on to Monty. Brooklyn doesn't like it very much...

We've got no allergies here! :yay My poor wee nephew, however, is allergic to nearly EVERYTHING. They did the allergy test on him and out of the first 45 scratches, he was allergic to 38; out of the second 45 scratches, he was allergic to 42. :(

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest SquanHound

No sulfur here (most dried fruits and the medicine) for me. As for Pinger, he has a sensitive belly - so only Science Diet Adult Lite food and cookies for him. Oh, but bully sticks and rawhides are a-ok :thumbs-up:P;)

Guest goofydog

No allergies here, hound or human. If you're having trouble dumping the codeine just send it this way B) After 9 surgeries on one knee codeine is my friend :colgate

Poor lil' guy! :ohno Nuala says you can send her all the extra strawberries, watermelon and bunnies! :P

We've got no allergies here! :yay My poor wee nephew, however, is allergic to nearly EVERYTHING. They did the allergy test on him and out of the first 45 scratches, he was allergic to 38; out of the second 45 scratches, he was allergic to 42. :(