Poor Jac-foo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, We have the two pens done. Not really small-- 10 x 24 and 60 x 12 Plus the deck which is 50 x 50. So they have plenty of room just not the whole acreage. I am using muzzles just because Jax does not feel well. and I don't want a fight to start just in case.

We got the tubes out today. More stitches. But she is well. A poor older lady had to bring her old dog in to have PTS and everyone in the waiting room started to cry with her....even a middle age man....we all felt so bad for her......

Well, so far it we are doing well. Thank you all..........

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com

Guest TBSFlame
Poor Jax!!

Honestly, I would suspect an internal fight before a coyote jumping the fence, fighting and then climbing back over the fence to get away...if you don't muzzle while you are gone. A lot of damage can happen in just a few seconds in a greyhound fight...and it's possible that Jax just got the short end of the stick in the fight...esp if it were 2 or more on one. Also, don't rule out the damage that nails can do in a fight...so it may not have all been bite wounds. When Scout got tore up by Haley the only evidence was a bit of blood on Haley's mouth and leg. In the 30 minutes between the time DH left for the evet and I got home w/dogs I was picking up from the track, Haley had licked herself clean. As for there seeming to be no pack issues...it's entirely possible for there to be a fight that's just play that gets out of hand and escalates. Then, it's over. The dogs have no hard feelings or residual "issues." Since you can't be sure if it what caused her injuries, I would definitely muzzle when you are gone (if you don't already).

I hope she heals up quickly!! :hope

I wanted to do the muzzles. Much cheaper than extra fencing. But...on the off chance it was an intruder, now they are defenceless. The coyotes here are aggressive....I am sure torn on what to do.....I am gone approx. 9 hours for work with drive time. NOBODY around that does pet service in this area. We are 30 miles each direction (north and west) from a small city, that doesn't really offer anything.

I think keeping them in a smaller pen when you are not home is wise. I have a much smaller yard with a smaller potty area and I never let them in the big yard without being out there with them. It is nowhere the size of your fenced in area.