Quick Update On Bodie - No Chemo This Week

Guest Bodie

We were all set to leave for OSU after work yesterday, when I got the call about Bodie's blood work - white blood count too low again to do chemotherapy. Darn. And I thought the cottage cheese and flaxseed oil was helping the white blood count. Well, at least Bodie is enjoying the cottage cheese. This would have been chemotherapy #4, and I'm anxious for him to finish before winter gets here. I don't relish making that 7 hour journey in bad weather (not that current weather conditions indicate we will get cold weather anytime soon). We are going to try to go next Friday, if blood tests are good.

The good news? Two nights ago, Bodie made a "pile" in the far corner of the yard and then, for the first time, ran all the way back to the deck, skipped the three steps and leaped to the top! This is the first time, since his surgery in August, that I've seen him run. Nothing like a good "pile" to make you feel good! :lol: Running was the final hurdle for him - he's completely back to his old self now.

And for those trying to make the Big Decision. I'm so glad I decided to go with amputation and chemo. Bodie is so much happier now - more than he's been in the last six months - now that he is completely pain free. Even if he isn't one of the lucky ones and doesn't survive this beastly disease, I will have the memories of a happy, pain free Bodie, instead of the tired, sick dog I had before the surgery.

what a sight that was I am sure to see your Bodie run and have fun!!!!! I always enjoy reading about Bodie. I so hope next week will be a go and I pray he is one of the lucky ones! Those of us who have lost one or more to this disease always always look for the ones who will beat this. Bodie has the spirit!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest greytmonty

Rhonda, I owe you an email, but in the meantime let me add my thoughts to this thread. I am sorry re his low WBC but his joy and exuberance sound great!

Go Bodie! It's nice to hear some good news. I hope the WBC rebounds so Bodie can continue fighting his battle.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest jurishound
Aww, that sounds wonderful (the running part). Hopefully he'll be ready for the chemo next week.

Here's an old pic of our JC running - he was 12 at the time. They don't let those amputations stop them, for sure.

jc_run_sum_03.jpg

I just love this picture . . . and WAY TO GO Bodie! :)

Aww, that sounds wonderful (the running part). Hopefully he'll be ready for the chemo next week.

Here's an old pic of our JC running - he was 12 at the time. They don't let those amputations stop them, for sure.

jc_run_sum_03.jpg

That is a wonderful photo! Thanks so much for sharing it - I'd love to be able to capture a picture of Bodie running like that some day!

Really heartwarming to hear Bodie is feeling so well. Fingers crossed for a steadily climbing white count.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Bodie...you are an inspiration to us here. You rock sweetheart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.