My Aunt's Hound Is Off.

I'm posting this for my Aunt and her 11 year old girl Tootsie.

She doesn't eat much, which for her is very unusual. She usually eats like a pig. She almost seems disoriented, like she's not sure where she is at. Tuesday, when this started, she was pacing and panting, not wanting to lay down. She wasn't whining like she was in pain but seemed very anxious. She seems a little better but still seems disoriented, didn't eat her breakfast today.

The vet took some x-rays of her belly, thinking maybe it was twisted or an air pocket, but they came back ok. He didn't do any blood work which I wish he would have. She seems to go potty ok, but she doesn't want to go out when I ask her. I have to really beg her. Maybe her hips or legs are bothering her that she doesn't want to go out, but she seems fine climbing the steps upstairs, not sure of herself coming down the steps though, so I walk with her on one side. She is on supplements. Vet says she seems pretty heathly to him. Don't know! Something is going on. We know our greys and something isn't quite right with her. She had no fever when they took it.

Don't know if it is related to her strange behavior or not but Claire was sick on Sunday. She through up a couple of times. I had given them chicken and rice instead of beef and rice in their breakfast, maybe it was bad food again.

Any help or thoughts you could provide would be wonderful. I will pass everything on to her.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

I also would have thought bloodwork would have been done. Has she given her a pepcid? or anything to calm the tummy?

Edited by grey14me

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Greensleeves

We had several episodes like that with Whistler--pacing and panting, unable to settle down, kind of acting scared (this would last all day). The vets checked him out, and the best they could determine was that perhaps he was having small seizures. The very weirdest thing for us, though, was that he was normally a very poor eater... but during these episodes he would eat very well.

One recommendation they gave us was to walk him during the episodes, and let him burn off some of that mad energy.