How Much Likcing Is Too Much?

Guest JillyBean30

Guest JillyBean30

Hey GT, looking for advice. My boy seems to be doing a lot more licking / scratching than usual. He's digging at his neck /ears, and I noticed tonight that the underside of his tail is bare (right up by his bum).

I give him Sentinel failthfully every month, and I make sure the whole thing gets swallowed. He does NOT have fleas, I have checked thoroughly. He's only outside with me, on a leash. He doesn't have much contact with other dogs, and they're all ones I know.

I have not changed his food or his treats, and he drinks the same filtered water that I drink.

Any thoughts? Could it just be the change in the weather? (It's starting to get chilly up here in Canada.)

Help, please!

Thanks in advance,

Yup, I second the anal glands. I'd visit the vet instead of the groomers, just in case they're infected (since he's licking so much). And have the vet check his ears for a possible infection while you're there. :)

Yup the anal glands. Freddygirls, GH , Freddy was doing the same thing and the glands had to be expressed. Vet said that is the 1st sign.

Isn't it nice when it's something so easy?!!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

We just went through this with my girlie Daisy. Not only were her anal glands clogged, but she was also dealing with some tummy issues, based upon tests. In the past, she's licked her bum a lot because of worms. Definitely time for a trip to the vet!

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)