Pet Health Insurance

greg1229

I've been looking at pet health insurance for my 2 greys. Seems vets are getting as expensive as people docs. I know they don;t cover everything but the few I have looked at are around 80% reimbursement after the co-pay and include routine exams and vacs.

Would love to get some opinions from other owners

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

For us, it's not. We may spend $100-150 per year on each dog. There's been some threads about this recently, you might try doing a search (there's also a post in Soap Box in addition to the Health forum).

Checked into it a few years ago and decided it was not something I felt would be very helpful.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Ditto the above. I checked into it and didn't feel it was worth it. We've had a few minor vet visits, but my dogs are also out and about quite often. We got to the dog park every day which leaves them at higher risk for nicks and cuts. So far, after 6 months, I've decided that I would have spend the same amount of $$ if I was insured with premiums vs. the bills I've had.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest EmbersDad

ember cut her paw and it required a suture. total vet bill was $303. submitted to vpi pet insurance and was reimbursed $30. needless to say, im not very happy with it and am thinking of cancelling. im thinking id rather put the money into a savings account

Cody and Leah are both on PetsHealth Care Plan. They get paid automatically out of my checkbook. The last claim I put in for Cody took me four months to get a check. I put another claim in for him and they rejected it. When I called they first said it was for a previous illness from 2006 because Dr. Doolittle, had put him on a diet back then. I explained that THAT diet was for his back problems because he had to lose wieght. This latest claim is for his really bad diarrhea which was caused by high blood pressure meds this last April. Then they kept me on the line while they looked at all of his records which his two vets had faxed to them. They then came back and said he had been treated for diarrhea before which was absolutely not true.

I had to get both vets to write letters stating that he has never been treated for big D before April of 2007. I still have not heard from them, but don't recommend this particular company. I will put aside some money just for vet bills.

As soon as I get finality with this claim, I'm cancelling their policies. I've never even put a claim in for Leah

Terry