Thyroid Full Panel

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

Our Eric's T4 came in at less than .4, low even for a greyhound. My vet and I have decided to do a full panel before medicating. However, he asked if I preferred Michigan State or Idexx and I couldn't answer which I would prefer to have done. Does anyone know the difference or if one is better than the other?

I should also mention that Eric was extremely nervous for his visit. His spooky side came out, which we hadn't seen in a very long time. All other values were in normal range, with the exception of his PCV. His results were 72.9, but could have been elevated because of his nervousness but we're not sure and will retest in a week with a blood draw from home.

I would send it to MSU -- they do a lot of them, know about greyhound oddities, and will interpret it for you for a buck or two.

Good luck!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Flash, LaceyLaine and Cody Angelo are all hypothyroid and Dr. Beth always sends to Michigan. :)

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Michigan state IF they are back to doing it by dialysis!

Haven't had to send them a sample recently, so I don't know if they're back to doing it that way.

Pretty sure they've had dialysis back since @ last December. Could check their website to make sure. Believe the price went up a bit, but if anybody knows of a thing where the price has gone down, let me know and I'll buy some! :lol :lol :lol

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Pretty sure they've had dialysis back since @ last December. Could check their website to make sure. Believe the price went up a bit, but if anybody knows of a thing where the price has gone down, let me know and I'll buy some! :lol :lol :lol

I don't own any, but I have some buddies that could sell you some!

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)