3 Geriatric Dogs

Guest Tenderhearts

Having my one senior girl, Willow, at 14 yr. 10 months is tough - I can't imagine going through it with 3. Lots of hugs to you and your babies. :grouphug

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

:grouphug

I often think of that as well... with a 9.5 year old and two 8 year olds. I know the time is going to fly by and, God willing, I'll have teens in my house too. I would be nice if they never aged. :(

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest IrskasMom

It's a difficult Time to have Seniors and 3 of them . But you made their Lives so wonderful and vice versa.

Give them Love and treasure every Day . :bighug:bighug:bighug

Edited by IrskasMom

I hear ya.

Freddie will be 15 in November. He has started not wanting to eat. He does enjoy his turkey necks, but by not eating he isn't getting his supplements (gluc, MSM, etc.). He has lost a little weight and is starting to look frail....

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I know this feeling exactly having a 9.5 year old and a 13 year old in the house. My 13-y.o. Bell has been having some tummy issues lately which have really made me think about what I will do when she passes. She is a survivor though, and the vet says aside from some arthritis and tooth tartar she is in great health. Sometimes she stumbles on the stairs and she jogs more than she runs, but she eats like a horse and loves life. Lucky (???) for me the "youngster" Penny still thinks she is two and acts like it!! I am so grateful to have the hounds I have in such good health, though I know inside it can't last, I just enjoy them everyday.

Hugs to you and your senior pack, Devon!

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}