King-kitty

Sighthounds4me

I find myself really missing the little guy! It's been almost a year since he passed, and I am shocked. I was never really close to him. He was DH's cat before I came on the scene, and "came with the package." He was a very sweet cat, and rather well behaved. He never met an enemy, and loved everyone. He was always there - ready to purr on you after a bad day. I really miss him.

I was never a cat person. I still consider myself a dog person, tolerant of other people's cats. I find myself thinking about wanting another cat. WHAT is WRONG with me?! :blink:

I went to the local shelter toda, to take a look at a dog labled on the website as a Saluki mix (NO Saluki in that dog, BTW), and found myself looking at and playing with the cats. I don't want another one. No cat will ever measure up to King, and I don't want to deal with training one. But still - it's got me thinking...

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

There is no forgetting the really special ones, cat or dog. Cherish his memory and follow your heart.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I'm so sorry for your loss of kittyman...I was the same way. We had a cat growing up, an orange tabby...she had a litter of kittens & we kept one. They were named after the holidays, Christmas, Easter, Valentine & Angel. We ended up keeping Christmas, Chrissy. Chrissy ran away after being in the car engine, we looked for days. Momma cat died 18 years later. Never had another cat. Then one day, this orange & white tom cat showed up in my garage...suddenly I was finding dead mice lined up...he was paying his rent. I started feeding him & then he visited the vet. After that he showed my terrier mix where the mice were. I suddenly found myself in love with cats. Bless his heart, he died about 3 yrs ago, anerysm. But I have 3 of his proteges...Jjetz, Jjipz & Holly. His name was Jjaks. They just do something to you, kinda like greyhounds.

Sarah, I'm sorry!!! :( :( :( they really have a way of getting in your hearts!!!!

I'm severly allergic to cats, but was raised with them :sad1 -- even after 3 asthma attacts (landed in the hospital :blink:)

I still have a soft part in my heart for these guys, our cats were super-friendly and it killed me that I couldn't get close to them. :( I know how they can grow on you!

sending hugs! :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Nothing like watching a cat hide behind the chair and jump out at you or play with your shoe strings for hours. I love kitties. Chase butterflies over that rainbow King Kitty. Maybe he's sending you a sign that you need to give just one more that loveable home of yours.

Guest argolola

It's so hard when that special kitty leaves us. My Zombie has been gone for 4 years and I just don't feel another cat could come close to being as special as she was. But...there are so many that need love.

God bless you as you reminisce about sweet King.