Just Found My Lost Dog

Guest sparkhawk

Don't have advice, but thank GOD he's home.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes
I have a friend that was a vet tech for 17 years so I did not take him to the vet, but she gave him a very thorough check up. All came back OK except for weight, dehydration, paws, and a laceration on his side from getting hit by a car. He is slowly putting on weight(yep did the small meals. No diarrhea, messes in house, and no vomiting). He is hydrated better than he has been in the past(woohoo!!!!). The laceration is mostly healed so it would have to be reopened to be stitched. We decided to just let it finish healing. He will have a scar there but we think the stress is not worth having a smaller scar. As to the paws.... I will be using the Neosporin, and feminine napkins in the booty thing I think. I thank you for you concern and all your help!!!!

Whoa! This went from some abraded pads to a dog who has been hit by a car! That is a whole different scenario. For that kind of trauma (if it was my dog) I wouldn't rely on a friend who is a vet tech to check him out, I would need to have my dog examined by a real vet. I doubt that anyone would suggest re-opening a wound to stitch it back closed, that would be kind of silly.

Please take your dog in for a well dog check at a vet.

I missed the hit by a car bit too. Your dog needs x-rays. I'm surprised your friend who is a vet tech didn't mention it. xrays aren't expensive and it's relatively quick to do.

I'm glad that you have your hound back home! I would only bandage the sore feet with a soft sterile cotton bandage

during the walks...at home I would leave the pads without bandage. Three times per day I would desinfect the pads.

By the way...maybe you could put some Bag Balm on the pads?

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest lizmego

I do what the veterinarian recommends. Different wounds require different levels of care and since most of can't see the wounds, as well as us not being veterinarians, I would refer to a vet in your situation.

Edited to add - Just read that he may have been hit by a car, so I would definitely have him seen by a vet.

Edited by lizmego

Guest MooMoozMama

Also, you'll probably want to put an E-Collar on him so he won't chew off the bandages. Glad you found him... what a relief after two weeks! I can't even imagine!