Bodie's Long Trip Home

Guest Bodie

It sounds like Bodie is having nerve pain. One of mine had a lot of that too. Neurotin (IC Gabapentin) is good for nerve pain. My boy Morgan had a reaction to the opiates. He would get restless and was panting. We thought it was a pain reaction at first. It wasn't until I noticed his worse times were when the medicine should have been the highest in his system that we realized it wasn't pain causing the problem. We stopped his pain meds and he was better as soon as they wore off. Most greys don't have that kind of reaction, but it's something to keep in the back of your mind.

Several have had to stop the pain meds or adjust down as they have had problems.

Neurontin is a great idea. I'd call Ohio State.

Also, see if a week from Friday would be ok for the chemo. It's only 5 days later than they want, but those 5 days can make a big difference in how he feels.

Or, because it sounds like he is in the study program, alternate the chemo between a vet you find and Ohio State.

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Welcome home Bodie and Mom. I have gone thur this with three of my greyhounds. One did wonderful and the other two were dfficult for the first week or so. They do get restless and I was restless. Get him something extra soft to lay on. Yes, they do seem to want to lay on the amputated side. Then they scream like heck when they get up. Give it some time. You both need to rest up and lay back and let it run it's course.

Hugs and kisses to Bodie and Mom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest Winterwish

Sendiing hugs to you and Bodie Rhonda,I wish I could do more. Maybe by next week Bodie will be feeling a lot better. I hope so very much,and will be keeping in my thoughts and prayers for his steady improvement. :gh_child:bighug

Guest EmbersDad

you are freaking now, but i, for one, am looking forward to posts of tripod zoomies and the videos and pics that will soon accompany them. bodie will heal, it will get better, hang in there, and dont forget the pics :-)

Guest DundeeToddsMom

Sending prayers to you and Brody. I went through this with two of mine, my sweet angel Bubba had his front leg amputated. And my Todd had his rear. Todd is still going strong 6 years later. He got used to missing a leg - he still runs with the gang in the backyard, goes on his walks though not as long as everyone else, loves his car rides, and going to the beach and laying in the water. Todd never learned to do the steps going to our second floor when he came off the track, and never wanted anything to do with them since. Luckly the only thing on that floor is our 2 extra bedrooms and a bathroom. Master bedroom is on the main floor, along with our bed which he loves to jump on. Things will get better, just hold on and don't look back!

When Todd came home he had a patch on him, some kind of pain medication. I can't remember what it was.

Hugs & prayers going out to you!

Thinking about you and Bodie :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren