Help Me Create A Greyhound Maintenance Chart

I'm always wondering, "when was the last time I clipped nails?" or "oops, did I brush their teeth yesterday?"

I'd like to develop a chart to post on the refrigerator.

Sure, I could write it out by hand but I'd like a chart or graph design.

Does anyone keep a chart or do you remember everything in your head?

If anyone cares to come up with something I'd like to include:

Dog names: GRACIE WALLY PUDGE

Actions: TEETH EARS BRUSHING(hair) BODY CHECK (for lumps) WALKS with space for other actions to be added

And I'd like to be able to write in the dates rather than just make a check mark.

Can you think of anything else?

:rolleyes: I'm a list kind of gal. Keeps me organized. But spreadsheets kick my a$$.

OK, ya'll can stop laughing at me now. :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I think that's a greyt idea! I'm just bad at being able to make things like that. Maybe someone can come up with a generic excel file that we can each edit to put our own dogs' names in. Could be a big help to a lot of people I'm sure!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Ok, let's try this. Is this something you are looking for?

This was done in excel and cut/pasted to word, since excel cant upload. I like excel better than word, because you can customize it quicker.

This is generic and can be customized in excel to be index card size per dog.

Originally, I had 3 dogs on 1 page (each chart just attached below the first), but the file is too big to attache, so it's just one.

quickchart.doc

Hey MOSP, that's pretty good!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Anyone else have a good system they'd like to share?

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest redreeper

A little different than what you asked for but I LOVE the "DOG Owner's Maintenance Log" by Dr. David Brunner and Sam Stall - a fun (and funny) way to keep a log of your greys records, written like a car manual. Very cute!

Guest PNWtrillium

Macoduck, this probably won't work for you, since you'd rather write down the dates than make checkmarks.

But for those who like visual patterns, I made a table in Word. It has the days of the month across the top in columns, and the left-hand column has the tasks. This makes a grid and you can color in the squares or give yourself gold stars -- just like preschool. Maybe one color for days when the task is due and a brighter color to indicate you've done the task.

Like MOSP, I had trouble attaching it because of its file size (about 120k), even with only one dog. So email me if you want a copy of the one I made with room for three dogs (or three months) and these tasks:

Teeth

Ears

Brush

Body Check

Walks

Toe Nails

Flea med

Heartworm med

plus five more rows per dog for you to fill in.

If you catch me when I need something to distract me, I would even customize it a little for you.