Gas Nauseating - Urgent Help Needed

I know I joked about this in another post, but Oscar's gas is really really bad. Way worse than any I've ever smelled from a dog, and it's non-stop. He's farting every couple of minutes.

It's nauseating and I don't know what to do about it short of locking him in another room and I can't/won't do that.

Please, is there anything other than yogurt that I can give him?

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

You could give a child's dose of Gas-X or Phazyme.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Hannah

a cork? :P;):lol

on a slightly more sensible note Charcoal biscuits are supposed to help but I think they take about the same length of time as yogurt before it's noticable.

Guest tigerlily

it might be time for a food change..has to be what he is putting in one end making it come out so bad and toxic on the other..

Edited by tigerlily

I used gas x on Burp and it worked. Gas scares me because of the bloat issue. Either his food isn't right or treats he is getting.

Acidolphillus pills will help a lot.

I just read the other thread about him being on tramadol. Are you using stomach meds too?

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

You could give a child's dose of Gas-X or Phazyme.

Thanks, I found one last Gas X but it took a lot of convincing before Oscar would take it. He's got no appetite. I'm calling the vet as soon as the office opens.

it might be time for a food change..has to be what he is putting in one end making it come out so bad and toxic on the other..

We changed his food recently because he wasn't eating the other any more and he was vomiting a lot. He did well with the change. This doesn't appear to be food related, although that is possible, for sure.

I used gas x on Burp and it worked. Gas scares me because of the bloat issue. Either his food isn't right or treats he is getting.

Acidolphillus pills will help a lot.

I just read the other thread about him being on tramadol. Are you using stomach meds too?

Yes, he has pepcid.

My dog is becoming quite the pharmaceutical representative.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

Guest GreyDogsRule

I agree that trying other dog foods could help a lot. I really like the Eagle Pack Holistic products. We have a grey boy at home that had lots of trouble with gas, loose stool and occasional big D. He now eats Eagle Pack Duck Meal and Oatmeal. He also takes a natural enzyme called Prozyme that I sprinkle on his kibble. No more loose stool, no big D and he is way less gassy. He used to be able to clear a room including his sisters (Grey and Chi), but not anymore. Here are a couple of links if you are interested.

http://www.eaglepack.com/

http://www.prozymestore.com/about.htm

Edited by GreyDogsRule

Guest Becki

Is it possible it is a reaction to his medicine from yesterday? Max got like that when he had Rimadyl. I don't know any quick fixes, but I hope his tummy is feeling much better very soon.