Do Greyhounds Bruise?

Guest meandmygreys

Guest meandmygreys

Justy has a red spot on his belly. I JUST noticed it today when he flopped over. Here it is..it's about the size of a silver dollar.

justy.jpg

Guest snakes
Justy has a red spot on his belly. I JUST noticed it today when he flopped over. Here it is..it's about the size of a silver dollar.

They can bruise.

Not to panic you, but the only time i've seen bruises is when the platelet count is dropping. A quick blood test will tell you. I also haven't had lots of greys so hopefully someone else has another idea!

Maybe its an insect or spider bite? humans come up with that sort of mark from insects all the time...

I hope Justy just bumped into something :)

Edited by snakes

He probably just knocked into something :) My boy (who is white with a thin coat, so I see everything on him), will occasionally run into things and bruise. It's not indicative of a bleeding disorder. However, if you see the bruise is spreading for no apparent reason or you get weird swelling, get thee to a vet :)

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest meandmygreys

It does'nt appear to be getting bigger...I'm just wondering if he did it this morning during the morning zoomies.. :unsure

I would have him checked out. If it spreads I would have bloodwork done ASAP.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest KennelMom

Yes they can bruise. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or he seems to be bruising, slow/no healing and/or re-bruising with no apparent cause, I'd have him looked at. Most likely, he just bumped something and got a bruise...not unlike a human :)

Guest meandmygreys
Yes they can bruise. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or he seems to be bruising, slow/no healing and/or re-bruising with no apparent cause, I'd have him looked at. Most likely, he just bumped something and got a bruise...not unlike a human :)

Whew !! That's what I've been thinking..I believe he crashed in the yard !!

Guest Tigonie

Emma bruised one time on her chest when she went running full-tilt into a branch. It started to heal after a couple of days and was gone in about a week or 10 days, if memory serves--just like any bruise a person might have. I'm sorry I can't recall if it turned yellow like a human bruise.

I agree that if it spreads or swells or does anything you wouldn't expect a bruise to do, have him checked out by your vet.

Guest cathyem

Tasha spent $1500 of my money at the emergency vet because her entire stomach and chest bruised. We ran every test in the book and the best we can figure is that she tried to climb over the baby gate and didn't make it. She was 10 1/2 at the time. It's too bad that we couldn't have figured this out earlier!!

Guest meandmygreys

justy.jpg

UPDATE !! It's fading !! about half of the original size it was..!! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

justy.jpg

UPDATE !! It's fading !! about half of the original size it was..!! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Wonderful!! :confetti

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg