New Pup Won't Poop

Guest sweetiesmom

Guest sweetiesmom

as you all know I took Jax, my new baby, to the vet last Friday concerned with a blockage. She checked him out and said alls good, probably just nerves and a little deprssion, as we got him and his sister went to another family (they were together for 6 months).

I started mixing mashed pumpkin in his bland diet (brown rice and boiled turkey) and he starting pooing once a day. Sunday night I started giving him some dry kibble as well because he seemed hungry. Yesterday morning I got a good poop out of him in the morning, but nothing since. This morning I even took him on a mile and a 1/4 walk :blink:

He is sleeping, peeing, drinking and eating normal - just not pooing much. Is it normal for a pup to have a tummy messed up like this for over a week due to new environment and nerves?

Guest wrldruler

When we first got Nelly, she would poo like 6 times a day. As she adjusted, she's gone down to 2-4 times a day.

When we first got George, he would poo twice a day, but they were runny. So switched him to boiled chicken, rice, and pumpkin. He would poo, but it was the tiniest amount imaginable. I would think other dogs wouldn't even bother trying for that little amount.

We've had George for 7 days now and he's still struggling with his tummy. Nelly took 2 weeks I think. Others on here have taken months to find the right food.

I'd wait a few days and re-evaluate. At least you are getting something coming out.

- Chris

Guest nerak254

I think he might have been a little upset, it's tough to lose your sister. When Aruba came to me after being at a foster home for 2 months, it took her 3 days to decide she really had to go.

Edited by nerak254

Always good when everything is working. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest wrldruler
went home at lunch and took Jax for a walk and he gave me a GOOD one! :rollin I feel MUCH better about today.

Ahhhhh.....it's the little (stinky) things that make us grey owners so happy

Guest simile
I bet Jax feels better than you do.............. :rofl

That just gave me a giggle.

And it's so, so... I don't even know the word for it... that we can have entire discussions about this topic, and NOT having these discussions was one of the pluses for me not having my own kids!! It's just sick, I tell ya'...