Therapaws

Has anyone used this product for their grey? I am looking for a quality boot that is wearable for Missy--so when EVER these stitches and injury heal,she can wear the boot outside so it doesnt open up again! NOW she has another open sore from the bandage being too tight..totally unnecessary. I went back to get a bigger e-collar. hopefully she wont figure out how to get around this and lick and pull the sock off. I am very frustrated with this whole thing.

Almost all of us who share our lives with corn dogs have therapaws. I swear by them for their cushioning and ease of use. They also seem to last a good while. We do on average two miles a day and I usually need to replace the boot after six-nine months because Inu's toenail is starting poke out.

Be sure to get two though so she can't just hop on three legs and not use the booted foot.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

We use them for Romi with the corns. Measure very carefully, so you get the right size. It's also a good idea to keep her nails on the short side.

Practice inside with them before you have her wear them outside - they take some getting used to.

They are pretty much the best boot I've come across, however if corns aren't your issue, there are some others that are pretty impressive, I'll go see if I can find the link for them.

Ha, found it. One of the dogs in our playgroup has these, and they make a lot of sense to me, especially if you aren't dealing with corns:

Blizzard boots

Edited by kjw

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

thank you. what i think i am looking for is a boot she can wear to cover the stitches inside--but still let air get at it. and go outside as well--waterproof. once the stitches are healed I would like to have her wear something so it doesnt open up again. I have bought coats from this company and the boots look good: http://k9apparel.com/greyhound-dog-booties.htm

I was told they are waterproof on the bottom.

so i think it is between thera paws and these??

Guest mountain4greys

I was introduced to them at Greyhounds In Getysburg this year. There were some people around that I talked to that were using them. The owners swore by these, and everyones dog had a different injury. We went back to the Therapaw tent and had a long talk with the girls who were there, and we bought 2 different sizes. We figured having 5 hounds, someone will get a sore paw sometime. These things are great.

thank you. what i think i am looking for is a boot she can wear to cover the stitches inside--but still let air get at it. and go outside as well--waterproof. once the stitches are healed I would like to have her wear something so it doesnt open up again. I have bought coats from this company and the boots look good: http://k9apparel.com/greyhound-dog-booties.htm

I was told they are waterproof on the bottom.

so i think it is between thera paws and these??

Those do look like nice boots, but if you're looking to really protect the foot, Therapaws are thick rubber on the bottom. You should email them and talk to them about your specific needs, I think.

Another option would be to see if there are any GT'ers in your area that have the Therapaws - then you could see for yourself if they are right for what you want.

Edited by kjw

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest PA_Greys

We have found Therapaws to be a good product for our grey with corns.

In fact I've just ordered another so that our girl has one to wear

outside that can get wet on walks and then has a dry one for

inside.

Edited by PA_Greys