Flossy & Freckles - A Celebration Of Life

Guest BugsBunny

Guest BugsBunny

My girls birthday was the 4th of July...... and today although sad I want to celebrate their memory, think about the happy times and be thankful for the precious time we had together. For I know they are at the bridge waiting and they are not alone, but safe surrounded by friends, playing happily till the day we meet again.

Flossy was a cow dog, bold,brassy and beautiful. She loved her stuffies, adored DH and viewed all visitors as a means to a scritch and a belly rub.

Freckles was black with little white flecks, she was my gentle princess. She loved to run free like the wind, had a passion for cheese and chocolate, enjoyed a cuddle and was nervous of anything different.

They stole food from the side, shredded newspaper all over the floor, left muddy paw prints, fur on the sofa, wet nose marks on the windows, biscuit crumbs on the mat and huge paw prints in our hearts. They hid shoes, chewed hair brushes, tore the feather pillow apart . We laughed, we cryed but most of all we loved them more and more each day.

Those of you who read this I beg you not to feel sad for my loss, but celebrate with me the joys of Greyhound ownership. The selfless love they give, the joy they bring and the mischief they get up to. Feel proud that you have brought love and happiness into the life of life of dog who has never before experience the joys of being a loved pet.

My Angels are running free now ............ :gh_run

post-14155-1183585549.jpg

Beautiful tribute to your girls. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest bowiebears

Our hounds are a blessing for all of us..even tho they sometimes try our patience.

But they help us grow nad learn how to love even more deeply.

Kudos to you for celebrating their presence in your life!

--Isaac

Happy Birthday Sweet Angels...Look down on your family today and blow some gentle kissies in the wind special delivery. :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Happy Birthday Freckles & Flossy!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound