Oh, Poor Flint!

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

For the last few days, Flint has been exhibiting all the symptoms of ear problems (his allergies make his ears stuffed up)--head flapping, scratching, pawing at his head, rubbing his face on everything, innapropriate attentions toward his sister :blink:... So we've been treating him with his decongestant.

Last night I looked down at him and saw that he had developed a swelling underneath his eye, which is probably an abscessed tooth!! Of course, it's the holiday! Fortunately, I was able to call my vet at home, and also fortunately, I have an almost full bottle of Baytril that was Whistler's (he only had a chance to take two pills before he died). She didn't think we needed to head for the e-vets, and she'll see him tomorrow morning... but my understanding is that this will probably require surgery.

Sniff. Poor buddy. We knew he didn't feel well--we were just off on the cause!

Guest Snowy8

It could be just his sinuses are swollen now.

But an absess could just call for the vet to pull the tooth & treat the infection.

:( Poor baby. I hope you feel better real soon sweetie. Sending my many prayers and gentle hugs too. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

It would be so much easier if they could just TELL us what's bothering them instead of us having to figure it out :lol

grouphugg.gif to Flint---Hope he's feeling better soon.

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Poor Flint, I hope it isn't anything serious. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Greensleeves

Poor guy. It turns out that he has a slab fracture of that tooth! He's still feeling poorly, and although we were able to get in to see the vet this morning, they can't get him in for the dental/surgery until Monday! Dr. Linda says that the antibiotics should help him feel *much* better within a couple of days, though. On the upside, she said it's possible the swelling is just inflammation--not an abscess (although we think abscess is more likely).

He's just a mess. He's restless and confused--last night he picked a fight with Tessa, which is absolutely unheard of, since it's virtually impossible to p*ss Flint off (we think she must have gotten a little too close to his sore face). Afterward he sat in the corner, looking horrified and bewildered--just this, "Mama, I don't know what happened!" look.

Sigh. I wish we'd caught this just one day earlier. We could have gotten him in for surgery today, maybe. Right now he's pacing around the kitchen, trying to find a comfortable spot.

:( Poor baby...I hope Flint finds some comfort soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Ahhh Flint it really sucks to have a toothache. :kiss2 I hope he feels better soon. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg