New - In Wa

Guest linnaete

Guest linnaete

Hi there, just want to introduce myself and my wonderful boy Halo. I adopted him last week from a foster home and he has taken to me very well. The problems so far are housetraining/potty issues mostly due to the fact that his foster home had a doggy door and he doesn't understand schedules, holding, and especially letting me know when he has to go! But we're working on that.

He spent 5 minutes the other day in front of a mirror barking at himself which was so hilarious, I just couldn't convince him that it wasn't another grey!

Halo.jpg

There's Halo, my 3 year old (big!) boy. He's a whopping 92 pounds! According to his racing records he weighed 85 then, so no it's not just the treats! :lol

He's still following me around like glue for the most part, except when I give him a knuckle bone. I've only had one other grey and she was a bit older and a return to the rescue center from a former owner - so all this training is new to me. I am looking forward to gaining a lot of insight about Halo and how to handle all these new things!

Oh wow, he is gorgeous! Congrats! :confetti:yay

Try a belly band to help with potty training. He will catch on quickly! :)

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest stealthydog

Hello. Welcome to GT from Kansas City. I used a belly band with my boy when he first came home. It does help if he has an accident. Just get some thick absorbant pads to put in it.

Guest IrskasMom

CONGRATS on your big Boy Halo and WELCOME :wave :wave :wave . Yep ....you are on the right

Place. Nice , Knowledgeable People , and Yes GreyTalk is addictive. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest linnaete

Thanks everyone! I am looking into the belly bands. I also saw an XXL patio doggy door I might think about as well. :)

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Welcome from Arizona! I'm Donna and I have Spencer who is now almost 7. I got him a 3 y/o.

It is likely that Halo will always stick to you like glue - I know Spencer still does it. I had a heck of a time training Spencer not to pee in the house even with a dog door! It took over a year..... He knew about the dog door but he also used the living room as a more convenient spot to go.

Enjoy your boy! I'm particulary fond of male Greys - very loving!

:welcome2

Guest jananice

Welcome!!

It's so good to see another GPI dog on the board!!

Halo is a sweetie...I've been in love with him since I saw his pic on the webpage. :) Love the red dogs.

I look forward to hearing more about his antics!!

:welcome2

Welcome from So Cal! Halo is very handsome!! :wub::wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest cindysmom

Hi Linneate!

I'm in OH too! Good to see another islander! You'll love this board. It's full of great people, hounds, advice, silliness, comforting hugs, just about anything anyone wants or needs from an internet community.

Your boy is GORGEOUS! Do you ever walk him at City Beach? You'll find Cindy and I there almost every day, sometimes early, early morning and sometimes later afternoon, if it isn't too hot. Let me know if you want a walking partner! :)

Anne