The Worm Saga Continues...

This is neverending.

We treated the hook, tape and haven't even brought in their poop to restest yet, when last night I notice 2 red, small (smaller than a dime) round lesions on Teddy and one red cirlcle ring on Chloe. We were in the Poconos when I noticed this, but we are home now. The ER vet said we could wait until we got home to see our vet.

What's up with all of this? My kitties are inside kitties only and I do not see anything on them... yet.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

It might not be ringworm, but maybe bug bites. I know during black fly season here, if my dogs get bit by black flies, they will get red circles. It will only show up on their stomachs where they have little to no hair.

I know the frustration with dealing with worms. My current foster first had round worms, those took 6 weeks and multiple doses of wormers to get rid of. Then it was hook worms for a couple of weeks.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest Tomgreyhound

Tom is on chronic hook worm medication and we recently had to give him a tape worm course. Good luck, I feel your pain and frustration.

It might not be ringworm, but maybe bug bites.

Yep.

Note also that ringworm isn't a worm, it's a fungus. Usually you'd see it as semi-round areas with hair loss and crusty reddish edges. It itches.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

WHERE on the body do you see the red spots?

We see the spots inside of rear legs and groin area.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

WHERE on the body do you see the red spots?

We see the spots inside of rear legs and groin area.

Well, both Dynamo and Elena have red marks on their belly, inside of their legs, and groin areas as well. However, I know ours are bug bites because I have caught the suckers in the act. When they first get the bites, the circular marks are red and filled in, then as they fade they turn into a red outline. So bug bites could be possible for your pups as well. Good luck!!

ETA a couple pics of what our bug bites look like in case you want to compare what your dogs have.....

Elenabugbites05_27_0.jpg

Dynamobugbites05_27_2.jpg

Edited by tamara3462

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

HUMMMM, interesting. We JUSt bought a house in the Poconos. VERY, VERY wooded and high grass. Of my three, it's CHloe and Teddy who do the exploring and eat the grass. Beau does not and he does not have it. It might be bug bites. I have "Front lined" them. I will watch it for a day or 2, if it doesn't clear, back to the vet.

Thanks.

Guest greytexplorer

Do y'all have chiggers in your neck of the woods?

If so, chiggarid works well, and my daughter will paint her bites with clear nail polish (suffocates the critter)

Sure looks like chigger bites to me.

Good luck!

Do y'all have chiggers in your neck of the woods?

I'm a Long Island girl! What's a chigger? All I know is that there are BUGS everywhere! I'm a site there! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Guest SillyDog

Chiggers are tiny little mites that get under the skin. Those bites in the pick don't look like chiggers. If you google chigger bites, you can see they usually form sort of a line. Good luck figuring these bites out!