Pannus ?

Guest meandmygreys

Guest meandmygreys

I noticed Justy's eyes have some blood vessels on the whites of his eyeball..they appear pretty large !!! :blink: I looked at the whites of Gooses eyes and they don't have this..Is this Pannus ? it seems to be in both eyes. :ohno

anyone dealing with this and can it be fixed...can't get in to vet until tomorrow :unsure

Guest tampagreymom

My girl has Pannus in both eyes. It can't be "fixed" but can be controlled with eyedrops. I give her two types of drops (Prednisolone and Cyclosporin) and it prevents the disease from progressing. At first I was very worried but there are many greyhound owners on here who are dealing with Pannus. My girl now goes to a veterinary ophthalmologist for her Pannus check-ups. I know it can sound scary but it really is not bad.

Guest meandmygreys

Is there any other malady that could cause this redness in his eyes ?? I had just noticed this TODAY !!! He looked sideways at Goose and that's when I noticed it...I am sick.. :unsure

Allergies. I freaked out and ran to my vet thinking Neyla had it and it was just allergies. It's the season.

Deep breaths and schedule an appt with your vet to be safe.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Relax and deep breath. Sirocco also has pannus in both eyes. He gets prednisolone and cyclosporine twice a day and that controls it very well. (His opthamologist said that Sirocco's pannus was more stubborn than most cases in greyhounds - more like a german shephard's.) Some people have questioned if he has cataracts since he also has some haziness to the eye in addition to the redness. While pannus is not curable, it is extremely treatable. As a side bonus, the meds are not that expensive either. I pay more for collars and treats in a year than I do for his drops.

My only advice is: 1) See an opthamologist if there is any possibility of pannus and; 2) Follow the treatment plan religiously since untreated pannus can lead to blindness.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon