Mandy Ate A Chicken Bone

Guest greytexplorer

Guest greytexplorer

Mandy went trashing again. Wish dh would stop leaving the trash can out in the kitchen, and put it away. There was one bone in the bottom of the can. Probably was a drumstick bone. Nothing left. What will likely happen? I don't think she's eaten one before, at least not while she's been with us (3 yrs). Anything I can do for her now? She ate some kibble a little while ago, too.

Thanks,

Pat

Guest maryjo79

You might give her some bread, but more than likely, she'll be just fine with no problems. Just watch her for signs of distress, but I'm sure she'll be okay. :)

Guest KennelMom

What the others said. Bread is good to give...look for signs of distress: pacing, panting, abdominal tenderness, unproductive attempts to poop or vomit, poo with blood. Most likely she will be fine.

Guest dogrunner04

My Twiga once ate a whole box of fried chicken, about 6 pieces, off the table, with no ill effects. Like the others said, just keep a close on on Mandy, but she will probably be fine. Good luck.

Guest patti909

Lucie got a chicken carcass off the counter the other night and she is fine so far.

i heard with they way the breed chickens nwo it isn't a problem.

is that true?